reset power steering?

The yellow power steering light has been on for a little while, it came on after stalling whilst doing a sharp reverse turn. Our battery was also low, so I thought this might be the culprit. we've got a new battery now, however after driving a few short distances the light is still on. My oh has used his code scanner and no fault codes are coming up for the steering.

Does the car have to complete a drive cycle to reset the light? Is there some sort of reset we have to perform? Is this a common problem? 

Might be worth adding where in the world you are to your profile.

I'd still be tempted to get an autoscan done using VCDS or similar as it feels like the VS450 isn't picking up an error code, might be worth trying to interrogate the CAN gateway and steering assist modules manually to see if it shows anything.

Does it maybe need lock to lock a couple of times?

My alternator went on my astravan and the steering wheel light came up. A couple of lock to lock turns and the light went out.