2014 Octavia VRS upgrades

Jamie_

Hi all,

After some opinions and advice on a couple of ideas I've got in mind for my Octavia VRS...

DTUK CRD-T tuning box (I'm not keen on mapping the car, and like the idea of being able to unplug this if I need to...)

I'm thinking of lowering it (springs only, not coilovers, due to cost really) 

Wheel spacers (maybe 15mm front & rear but really not sure on this yet)

Maybe a few other bits here and there but nothing too major... :)

Do in need to be aware of any potential issues with doing any of these? Springs are easy enough, as are the spacers... but would I need extended wheel bolts or anything else?

Cheers in advance!

Mines mapped to 225 and 478nm and lowered 40mm with H&R springs and 12mm spacers no issues at all go 60l miles mate. You will need extended wheel bolts. H&R do kits with bolts and locking nuts In

cheers

greg

On 22/01/2018 at 20:13, Esseesse200 said:

Mines mapped to 225 and 478nm and lowered 40mm with H&R springs and 12mm spacers no issues at all go 60l miles mate. You will need extended wheel bolts. H&R do kits with bolts and locking nuts In

cheers

greg

Cheers for the info Greg. Do you have a pic of what it looks like lowered with spacers?

These ones are 12mm all round but the tyres are 235/35/19 too instead of the 225 so that’ll make them look a bit wider. 12mm on front is ideal but it would take a 15mm on the back no worries. I did have 20mm on back and although they look ace it didn’t feel as if it handles quite as sharp. Too puc is as is now on 12mm

bottom 2 are when I first lowered it and had it set up on the hunter jig with 20mm rear and 12mm front. That’s each side btw. 

1D9412BB-8D23-4C32-926F-FE55FF0DD584.jpeg

503EFDBF-4E57-441F-8807-638A0931A33E.jpeg

806F0834-990E-4DED-AB53-DD8E08D7FB09.jpeg