VW Up! GTI. 2018.

Ootohere

You will all probably shoot me here, but I used to have a RenaultSport Twingo 133, and that was the most 'fun' car I have had. Yes it was slower than the Clio 200 I got afterwards, but it seemed more 'go-kart' like! I Had both on the track, the Clio was sharp and fast, but the twingo was brilliant fun! 

Tbh, If i was going for a mini hot-hatch, I'd be going Renault, or maybe the FST. The UP GTI seems a bit late to the market, and looks a lot less fun than a Twingo RS, an older clio 172, or 182, or a Fiesta ST

Over-hyped, and over priced!

56 minutes ago, WeeDee said:

You will all probably shoot me here, but I used to have a RenaultSport Twingo 133, and that was the most 'fun' car I have had. Yes it was slower than the Clio 200 I got afterwards, but it seemed more 'go-kart' like! I Had both on the track, the Clio was sharp and fast, but the twingo was brilliant fun! 

Tbh, If i was going for a mini hot-hatch, I'd be going Renault, or maybe the FST. The UP GTI seems a bit late to the market, and looks a lot less fun than a Twingo RS, an older clio 172, or 182, or a Fiesta ST

Over-hyped, and over priced!

Each to their own opinion and freedom of speech.

So you won't be buying an UP GTi then !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, vrskeith said:

My New motor is built and ready for dispatch to the UK for March 1st 2019 collection.

You're not buying one as well are you?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BossFox said:

You're not buying one as well are you?

Yep, I've got one already, if you check my inputs ,which will be sold shortly to a friend on arrival of the above

The above was placed on order in August 2018 with a spec I really wanted.

Love this fun car, as my daily run around on my Wiltshire country roads, towns and cities.

https://www.topgear.com/videos/top-gear-drag-races/tg-drag-races-vw-gti-vs-suzuki-swift-sport

So what would you expect at £4000 more ?

Now take them around the A,B & C TWISTY STUFF. That might be more fun and a leveller imo.

Edited by vrskeith

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 22:26, vrskeith said:

My New motor is built and ready for dispatch to the UK for March 1st 2019 collection.

Track another order

Enter order number:
Search

InfoWhere to find your order number

• Processing your order
  • With the factory
  • Build week confirmed
  • Build in progress
  • In transit
  • Arrived in the UK
  • Nearly there

Your car is in the final stage of its journey to your retailer, where it will undergo its final preparation for collection. Your retailer will be in contact soon to arrange handover.

The New UPGTi has landed.

Edited by vrskeith

• 3 weeks later...

play.pngArrived at last, for pickup very soon . Ordered late August 2018.

Very well spec'd replacement for my standard spec car that can be seen on this thread. Current car in Tornado Red which will be off to a good owner, who can benefit from having acquired a well run-in car, which has been appreciated and  used in a fun but smoothly driven way.

Edited by vrskeith

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting change by Andrew. I always liked this model for the engineering concept.

A neighbour of mine has had one from new and it still looks imo great and  never really had any issues. 

Engineers look after their motors in the right way.

Edited by vrskeith