Specs of white gloss on paintwork.

valvedoctor46

• 5 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

How many and what size @valvedoctor46? Can you shift them with a thumbnail? Tedious job, but might be less likely to cause damage to the paintwork than rubbing at them.

They are extremely small to be honest. No bigger than a pin head. My car is black, so upon close inspection they are visible. The roof is the last panel for me to tackle in my quest for error free paintwork. If need be I was thinking 3000 grit wet n dry using a small eraser as a block. Then going through the m/c polish process.

Have you tried tar and glue remover such as AutoFinesse ObliTARate? 

It could be anything from tree sweat to road paint that's been churned up from the road. 

Always risky, but not too much if you polish and wax the car after trying.

Household paint splashes just Turps / White spirit on the least noticeable spot.

When industrial paints / overspray / fallout are involved then that is not much use.

Get a detailer to remove the unwanted paint if you can not.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 13:17, AwaoffSki said:

Always risky, but not too much if you polish and wax the car after trying.

Household paint splashes just Turps / White spirit on the least noticeable spot.

When industrial paints / overspray / fallout are involved then that is not much use.

Get a detailer to remove the unwanted paint if you can not.

Good call. I'll try the turps/white spirit at next wash day as I'm sure I have some lying around. if that doesn't work then ill try svends suggestion and buy some tar/glue remover. Thanks guys.

I was a car sprayer and also an industrial sprayer. 

I still do some refurbishing, it is my default try but with caution.  Sometimes if i have no materials with my i ask someone that asks me to check their paint 

if they have any nail varnish remover in the use. 

• Like 1

Simple answer, get a Meguiars Clay Bar kit from Halfords (other places sell it as well) and use as directed with plenty of the spray provided. Works a treat with no paint damage but give it a good waxing after.

1 hour ago, skidpan said:

Simple answer, get a Meguiars Clay Bar kit from Halfords (other places sell it as well) and use as directed with plenty of the spray provided. Works a treat with no paint damage but give it a good waxing after.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already tried clay. It had no effect whatsoever.

1 hour ago, valvedoctor46 said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already tried clay. It had no effect whatsoever.

Not tried it but there is a product known as "overspray clay" which is more aggressive. Never tried it but here is one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chemical-Guys-CLY_403-BLACK-HEAVY/dp/B00G3EAGKG

38 minutes ago, skidpan said:

Not tried it but there is a product known as "overspray clay" which is more aggressive. Never tried it but here is one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chemical-Guys-CLY_403-BLACK-HEAVY/dp/B00G3EAGKG

Looks good. Sounds like it's exactly what I need. I've got a £10 voucher for amazon as well so its definitely worth a pop.