Service /oil change warning

My 2015 Superb elegence has just been serviced , however I have just discovered that the garage neglected to reset the service interval counter.

My previous 2011 model had a reset feature in the service drop down menu but, this is not visable on the present car.

Each time I start I get a "check now" notice for about 5 seconds on the display and a gong.

Initally an overdue date was also displayed but, I was able to reset this by bring up settings page and, keeping a finger on the odo reset button for approx 5 secs.

As my service garage is apporx an hours drive away, does anybody know of a work around to reset this check now notice.

The reset you've done should be a full reset, i.e. by managing to clear the 'overdue date' you should have also cleared the 'bong' and 'check now' message.

Be aware though that this method of resetting the service indicator resets it back to a fixed interval i.e. 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever is reached first.

If you were on variable (up to 20,000 miles / 2 years) resetting it manually means it'll now be on fixed.

See this other similar recent pot...

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 2

Thanks folks for all the info but, no matter what I try I still cannot clear the check now warning .

It would seem my model (2015) only allows garage to reset this item. The milage to next service was capable of being reset ok.

I guess I will have to just put up with it until my next service.

1 hour ago, superbdreams said:

or take it back and tell them to do their job?

The OP says its an hours drive, and then they might be busy :wondering: If he resorts to this then he is well within his rights to compensation, to cover fuel and time, maybe half price service next time?

Speaks volumes about your garage, however...

Are a they bad garage.. or... perhaps just a good garage busy...

What is worst?

A bad garage not busy or a good garage busy that the only thing they get wrong is the mileage reset thingy?

Only you will know...

Edited by simannjo
'they'