Superb 2 Columbus questions

Hi guys 

new to Skoda (and modern stuff in general) 

The car is a 2010 so no connecting my iPhone! Which I’ve read here can be fixed by replacing the Bluetooth box under the seat with later modules. Not the easiest thing to find though!!!

I’ve now read a bit on here about being able to enter full postcodes, which would be nice.

the main question i guess is what is the latest version I can update my Columbus to? And will that enable full postcode support?

and latest map version?

Also while I’ve got a post in this section

My owners manual says I should have a “dvi” plug in the glove box. All I have is a bodged cable that comes out the side with an iPhone lightning connector stuck on the end.

its been raining all all day so will chuck some pictures up in the morning of current versions and my “plug”

I live in the middle of newbury / Thatcham / Reading / Basingstoke in Tadley if anyone is local ish with current discs. The drinks would be on me!

Kelv

Are you sure the manual says DVI and not MDI? The plug in the glove box is what's known as an MDI (Multi Device Interface), and is factory fit. The short Lightning cable is one type of connection, and you can also buy a USB connector or an ipod connector cable. These plug into the MDI port in the glove box usually, and you currently have a Lightning cable plugged in. Press "Media" on the Columbus and you should have a little greyed out box on the top of the screen (next to cd, sd, hdd etc.) saying MDI. This will be active when something is connected onto the end of that cable.

As regards software, generally speaking there's a version for the unit which can be used for all types and ages with no issues. Google 5238 Josi and that should sort you out. Bear in mind that it's most likely that following the update you'll have to reinstall maps again as the hard drive will most likely be formatted to allow the new software to use the space there as it needs to. You may also need to do some recoding work with VCDS to re enable some functions like steering wheel controls or reverse sensors perhaps. Bear in mind that if the software update fails (or if your unit refuses to complete the update for any reason) then you could very well damage or destroy your unit.

The Bluetooth module will be under the drivers seat. Either a metal box under a plastic cover on earlier modules or a plastic box mounted in a foam holder velcro'd to the floor on later modules. Not hard to find at all.

Cheers Rustynuts

yeah it’s MDI. Don’t know why I put dvi

I can’t find a plug though, just this dodgy cable that comes out from behind the glove box. Picture attached. I’m assuming the mdi input would be in the armrest near the aux input?

I’ve found my Bluetooth module. I just can’t find a replacement!

Is there any other cars that the right part number is found in so I can hassle more breakers? 

Also I have pictured where it should say my versions but there is no button for it :(

the other picture is where a factory fitted Rosen z8 was. The dvd drive is broken. 

Looking for a replacement with a usb input I think!

F389DAFE-4852-4F79-9FCA-B03AF10D4A94.jpeg

0B316123-E344-4CCD-9AD6-CEBBE0FA24C9.jpeg

388E7A00-5525-48FD-9E2B-8E2E1C9F6F8F.jpeg

A603FFC5-92C0-47FF-9286-D2011829B50C.jpeg

309138E7-0394-499A-8E27-C5A2B382855F.jpeg

CA6A891C-8852-4B83-80A8-A8E1BD9F0A02.jpeg

would the updated Bluetooth module be a better idea than replacing the current dension box with one of these?

http://shop.dension.com/en/gateway-pro

from what I’ve read the updated Bluetooth module would do pretty much the same but without any extra cables. Is that right?

i think I’d rather pay an extra £23 for the 1 module on eBay than £177 and have the cable flopping about

Before you go splashing out on a Bluetooth module for £23, you need to know what you want it to do. For £23 you might get exactly the same (or worse) than you currently have. For Bluetooth streaming you'll need a higher end unit which allows that particular function, and you'll also need either a couple of extra wires from the module to the head unit (for stereo rather than mono currently) or a new loom for the same reason.

Thanks for the replies bud

Yeah most of the posts on here say around £100 some a bit more some a bit less 

finding one is the problem, I’ve messaged everyone breaking a superb on eBay and a few have come back saying they’re sold already :(

ill wait and do do it properly rather than dicking around with aftermarket stuff. 

Or or I might just get a Samsung! Lol

Won't matter if your current Bluetooth module doesn't support streaming. That's the problem, the early modules were just handsfree calling, and streaming came later. Might also need a later software (as posted previously) to allow Bluetooth streaming.