Just bought and have a warning light allready

Hi, just got a 1.6 crtdi 90 fabia and after 50 miles the glow plug light has come on, it will go off when you turn engine off, but eventually it comes on again, engine runs fine and everything seems to work, should I be worried?? Its going in on Monday for a scan so should hopefully know more 

If bought it privately, you're stuffed. Otherwise take it back to where you bought it and demand a repair or a refund, which ever takes your fancy.

Glow plug light while driving indicates a fault, could be an expensive one, e.g. Egr valve

Good.

Who is the Warranty with?

?

& has the car had the VW Emissions Fix, so new Engine Management and a Flow Device stuck up the air intake, 

and so a 24 month VW Trust Buildung Measure type guarantee which might be needed?

http://skoda.co.uk/dieselinfo 

Does it show as needing done, or will it have been done?

Edited by AwaoffSki

Use the VIN checker then.  There is a high chance it has, hence someone gets rid of it.

As to your warranty be sure that you do not accept a duff car, return it if it is going to be nothing but trouble, 

and if the garage thinks they can fix cars that have had the VW Fix, because it is unlikely they can.

I have the same car and did not get the fix done and I would advise you not to have it done !

As for the flashing glow plug light this could be a Lott of things but I have had this before.

The fist time it was turbo pressure sensor replaced under warranty on my drive way by Skoda assist.

The second time it was egr wire loom that was replaced under warranty. 

These faults were when the car was in its first year of  me buying the car, I have had the car 4 and a half years now on 57500 miles.

I have had some unrelated problems like the creaking stearing with the bad batch of inner tie rods that is well documented on this forum was fixed under warranty in the second year.

I had a problem with the dpf light being on this was a fault with sensor 4 in the exhaust needing replaced this was replaced by Skoda assist on my drive way this cost me £155 as it was out of warranty by then. Despite all this it's still a good car the last two years it's been problem free and returns good mpg.

The good news is that you have a warranty with your car good luck with it !

Dont run on supermarket diesel!!! Use shell only (well you dont have too but I would highly recommend it) I did a tank of shell v power diesel and it cleaned up my rough idle and injector issue. I had glow plug light which ended up being a DPF sensor. 150 quid fixed.

Get it checked by garage and get them to fix it. 

5 minutes ago, JGrindel said:

Dont run on supermarket diesel!!! Use shell only (well you dont have too but I would highly recommend it) I did a tank of shell v power diesel and it cleaned up my rough idle and injector issue. I had glow plug light which ended up being a DPF sensor. 150 quid fixed.

Get it checked by garage and get them to fix it. 

+1 on the don't use super market diesel I use Esso as it's on my route.

I used to use shell but it's out my way now never had a problem with either.

• Like 1

What is the difference between Shell regular (fuelsave) than the diesel delivered to super markets. 

Shell V-Power Nitro + diesel different obviously, that has the added detergent package that is different, but then adding Millers Diesel Additive to Super Market 

fuel might have that covered.

As to ESSO Regular Diesel, that will be coming from the depot the Tesco Regular Diesel comes from, 

?

Does GREENERGY have ESSO's Detergent package in the Regular Diesel different from Tesco Regular, 

or only in the ESSO Premium Diesel / Synergy?

http://greenergy.com/uk/independent 

petrol-pumps-in-a-shell-petrol-station-dtdbk3.jpg

Edited by AwaoffSki

5 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

What is the difference between Shell regular (fuelsave) than the diesel delivered to super markets. 

Shell V-Power Nitro + diesel different obviously, that has the added detergent package that is different, but then adding Millers Diesel Additive to Super Market 

fuel might have that covered.

As to ESSO Regular Diesel, that will be coming from the depot the Tesco Regular Diesel comes from, 

?

Does GREENERGY have ESSO's Detergent package in the Regular Diesel different from Tesco Regular, 

or only in the ESSO Premium Diesel / Synergy?

http://greenergy.com/uk/independent 

I dont care really. car ran better on shell reg than tesco reg so who cares! I had all sorts of idle injector issues on tesco diesel but with shell nothing. 

OK, 

but i read you used a tank of V-Power. (premium diesel.)

so that was a tank, but the regular had it running better as well?   

Diesel Additive can do well when added to regular diesel. 

Some use that rather than giving Shell Filling stations 10 pence plus a litre extra for V-Power Nitro + over FuelSave (regular)

Edited by AwaoffSki

When we got it it had 7 mile range in tank and I think had been run low for a bit, we always use shell fuel and we filled it up on this occasion with v power... Normally I use regular shell diesel with diesel rhino additive 

• Like 1

Ok so just an update, had it scanned and it turned out to be the exhaust sensor which is placed just after the turbo to exhaust band clamp and before the dpf so nice and easy to get to, no idea how much it cost but was changed by lunchtime at friends garage that is used for warranty work by the dealer's 

• Like 1

Ok so no lights on dash now but first thing this morning when cold it decides to run lumpy and lacked power, no lights on dash etc, but switched off and tried again and perfect, got a feeling this is a premenition of future troubles... 

I spoke to my mate who fitted it as he is ex vw and he said you don't code these in... Injectors you do, i just posted up in another thread but should of continued here, we have now done about 330 miles in it and we have had the dpf light come on a couple of times allready but it goes out after a few minutes, one thing of note is the engine is constantly ticking over at 1000rpm with the fan going off and on, now this doesn't seem right to me as its not nice to drive at low speed as it trys to drive itself, we have done a vcds scan and nothing comes up... Otherwise it drive OK, my wife did call me yesterday after her night shift to say it was driving like it had "kangaroo juice in it" and felt lacking in power, but I've since driven it in various ways from slow driving to giving it some throttle through the gears and can't get it to replicate...