What mpg should I be expecting?

I'm sure this has been asked before but what sort of mpg are people getting from the 1.6 crtdi 90 in the fabia? We have just moved from a 105bhp 1.9 jetta that would never drop below 50mpg and do 600+ to a tank... We have only done 100 miles so far and the mpg is only showing 43mpg and now 400 range left, we are doing comuting and A road drives and the jetta was too... Does this sound right as the fabia looked good on paper with 60+ mpg on combined cycle 

I have a 2013 Roomster with the 105BHP version of the 1.6TDi. - heavier and less aerodynamic than the Fabia so I would expect the Fabia to do somewhat better for mpg.

Over the 46k miles I have owned it (from new) the average has been 55mpg.

On long motorway trips it regularly returns high 60's or low 70's mpg (on the maxi-dot)

A road cruising gives mid 50's or low 60's (on the maxi-dot)

Stop start driving around town drops it to mid 40's mpg (on the maxi-dot)

In winter those numbers fall by around 10% 

I mostly run the tank down to 1/4 or just below and then fill up.  Best consumption over a full tank is 63mpg, worst is 47mpg.

Compared to full-to-full calculation, the maxi-dot mpg readout is around 2 to 3 mpg optimistic

12 hours ago, Torque777 said:

I'm sure this has been asked before but what sort of mpg are people getting from the 1.6 crtdi 90 in the fabia? We have just moved from a 105bhp 1.9 jetta that would never drop below 50mpg and do 600+ to a tank... We have only done 100 miles so far and the mpg is only showing 43mpg and now 400 range left, we are doing comuting and A road drives and the jetta was too... Does this sound right as the fabia looked good on paper with 60+ mpg on combined cycle 

I have the same car and get about 540 miles out a tank in the summer and about 490 -- 500 in the winter. That is 40 mile round trip to work and back each day .

I did get 580 miles out the tank on a longer 170 mile run. Remember it only has a 45 litre tank the Jetta will probably have a bigger tank ! 

• Thanks 1

Well as I've posted in another thread we have scanned the fabia due to flashing glow plug light on the dash, it turns out the exhaust sensor before the dpf is faulty so will see if that has affected the mpg