Blackcircles.com

finnster01

Hi All

Further to my previous post about swapping tyres I am going to take the plunge and get new ones.

I know which ones I am going to get and they are cheapest on Blackcircles.com  - however the online reviews of Blackcircles are absolutely appalling.

I know that online reviews are subjective and most people only write them when they are either really disappointed or really happy, so does anyone have experience of this company either positive or negative?

Many Thanks in advance!!!!

I have used Blackcircles for many years and have no problems with them. Any issues arose when using poor quality tyre fitters. 

Choose your fitter well and you should have no problems. 

Good luck. 

• Like 1

Have used them many times in the past without any problems at all 

however I prefer my local chap to do the work so I get the cheapest on line quote and call him and suggests he Matches it He usually agrees to match it, only on one occasion has he not

• Like 1

Ive had 7 sets of tyres from blackcircles.com haven't had a problem. I use my local garage to fit the tyres. 
Get the tyres on mail order then use a garage you trust! :)

Edited by Stuart-h
  • Like 1

No problems here with Blackcircles - I get all my tyres from them. Sometimes I get them delivered and then I sort fitting myself, as our local 'approved' garage are a bit surly sometimes and I can't be arsed going there.

I suspect most of the reviews are down to the individual fitters, not BC themselves.

• Like 1

I too have used Black Circles, choosing my local garage to fit the tyres. From my personal experience I would strongly recommend them.  

• Like 1

I've ordered from both Black Circles and My Tyres, they are both cheap for cars and bikes . But if I do not know the local fitters than I get them fitted elsewhere.

I also find my local National Tyres to be excellent and so I order on line and get a decent discount.

• Like 1

I always used to use MyTyres but then a mate at work pointed me to Oponeo.  The last tyres I bought were cheapest at Oponeo and I used a local garage to fit them who charge £15 a corner (which is the same as what the online retailers charge at purchase then they give you a voucher to hand to the fitter)

• Like 1

I have used blackcircles several times with no problems whatsoever! Choose tyres, arrange a time and go and have them fitted. No hassle being told you need new shocks or exhaust like certain tyre fitters! Only problem I had was that my Tesco clubcard points werent added to my card! 

But will use again. 

Several years ago, my (then) X-Trail lost one tyre of a full set of Scorpions, at 70-and-a-bit on a dual carriageway.  The AA put the spare on, which got us to our holiday base in the wilds of Cornwall.  Blackcircles shipped a replacement pair (to match) to a fitter less than 12 miles away and they were on the car within two working days.  A fair price, even though I didn't have any real choice at the time, and exemplary service.  It hurt a bit, ditching one part-worn tyre, but we picked the worst of the three and the fitter did some swapping round without charge.  Yes, I'd use Blackcircles again without hesitation. 

Blackcircles arranged my fitting at ATS just up the road  it cost a little more that way but I didn't have to carry any tyres they organised everything I just turned up, tyres fitted and drove off again.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I had two tyres fitted by my local Black Circles garage in Bicester - Bicester Commercial Garage Ltd. They were excellent. They were also happy to swap the wheels, back ones to the front, while fitting the new tyres. I left feeling very happy about my experience. I should add that I've used Black Circles before, when we lived in Kent, and have never been disappointed. The prices are significantly cheaper than the big high street names and this allows us to buy top brand tyres - in this case, Michelin - at very reasonable prices. I don't know why people complain. 

I've used BC a few times without major issue.    ATS service was dreadfully slow they did the free 'checks' even though i had opted out when booking and then kept the mrs waiting for 30 mins after her car was done because they'd blocked her car in to do another car.   I used pro-tyre this time which was a company I'd not heard of before 2x 17" Eagle F1 AS3 XL cost about 76 each fitted with a discount code on the net so about a fiver a tyre cheaper than BC.    The lad at Middlesbrough branch did a good job at fitting without marking my newly refurbished wheels so i was happy.   I guess as a company are only good if you get good local fitters.

I've used BlackCirles, TyreShopper, MyTyres as well as another that slips my mind.  All of the fitters were generally the same.  MyTyres or TyreShoppers fitters were a local National Tyres centre, and always had good experience with them.

Next time I need new boots, I'll look at oponeo...not one I've heard of!