Baillie's Race Blue MK3 VRS

Baillie

Picked up my MK3 TSI at the beginning of the month after trading in my Corsa VXR.  Was after something bigger and the Octy ticks all the boxes.. and some!  I had a progress thread on VXRO and figured I'd start one with the VRS as well!

VXROnline thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?287600-Baillie89-s-Progress-Thread

I'm perfectly happy with the car out of the box, completely standard at the moment and will keep it that way for the first year while I still have warranty at least!  Couple pics after a day of detailing!

a0LpsyK.jpg

tsklJjh.jpg

Edited by Baillie
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Looks lovely! Corsa VXRs are very fun cars. Did quite a few laps in them when the VXR experience days ran over the past few years. Octy is a much better daily, if a little less fun and more mature.

Have you got any plans for this one yet?

On 2/16/2018 at 13:14, ahenners said:

Looks lovely! Corsa VXRs are very fun cars. Did quite a few laps in them when the VXR experience days ran over the past few years. Octy is a much better daily, if a little less fun and more mature.

Have you got any plans for this one yet?

Thanks mate! The VXR was a great little car but as you say- the Octy suits the daily life.  No performance changes for the first year at least for the warranty but afterwards I'm thinking about a Remus exhaust with the sound controller- the Cobra I had on the VXR was super loud all the time and as good as it sounded, got a bit much when just trying to drive normally.. then a stage 1 map to hit around the 300 mark.. but as is it's perfectly fine and has enough torque behind it!

• 1 month later...
On 07/02/2018 at 02:06, Baillie said:

Picked up my MK3 TSI at the beginning of the month after trading in my Corsa VXR.  Was after something bigger and the Octy ticks all the boxes.. and some!  I had a progress thread on VXRO and figured I'd start one with the VRS as well!

VXROnline thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?287600-Baillie89-s-Progress-Thread

I'm perfectly happy with the car out of the box, completely standard at the moment and will keep it that way for the first year while I still have warranty at least!  Couple pics after a day of detailing!

a0LpsyK.jpg

tsklJjh.jpg

#Race Blue Crew B) Nice looking vRS & a lovely reflection :thumbup: enjoy the modding. 

• 5 weeks later...

Just a small update... I lasted all of 3 months before buying into my first mod :blush .. Waiting on delivery of a Remus cat-back exhaust with sound controller.. hopefully be fitted in the next week!  Also got some gas bonnet struts to be fitted!  Was out with the car taking some videos of the standard exhaust and will do the same after the Remus has been fitted.. will post it up when it's done! :)

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Baillie said:

Just a small update... I lasted all of 3 months before buying into my first mod :blush .. Waiting on delivery of a Remus cat-back exhaust with sound controller.. hopefully be fitted in the next week!  Also got some gas bonnet struts to be fitted!  Was out with the car taking some videos of the standard exhaust and will do the same after the Remus has been fitted.. will post it up when it's done! :)

Nice! Looking forward to the updates :) Wish the standard exhaust note was a bit fruitier.

1 minute ago, ahenners said:

Nice! Looking forward to the updates :) Wish the standard exhaust note was a bit fruitier.

Yeah exactly why I'm swapping it out... be nice to have the sound controller because I don't want it loud all the time :) .. will be getting the engine noise through the speaker disabled too

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today has been an amazing day!  Massive thanks to the guys at BroTek and AutoTech in Lanark for ordering and fitting this incredible piece of kit.

New package arrived.....

imageproxy.php?img=&key=66c1d7df650950da5eQUQHg.jpg

Beautiful craftsmanship right here...

EYAdkQd.jpg

Out with the old!

YaUywTz.jpg

In with the new!

y5SQyry.jpg

Here's a hint...

mPc9HvI.jpg

I'm now kitted out with a non-res cat-back Remus exhaust with a valve system to control the noise levels (which works absolutely amazingly!)

I'd taken a few videos of the standard exhaust.. fly bys etc and will do the same with this exhaust fitted and different levels of valves opened/closed.  Stay tuned! :p

Edited by Baillie
  • Like 3

Second post will hopefully have the images attached!

Today has been an amazing day!  Massive thanks to the guys at BroTek and AutoTech in Lanark for ordering and fitting this incredible piece of kit.

New package arrived.....

l.jpg

Beautiful craftsmanship right here...

EYAdkQd.jpg

Out with the old!

YaUywTz.jpg

In with the new!

y5SQyry.jpg

Here's a hint...

mPc9HvI.jpg

I'm now kitted out with a non-res cat-back Remus exhaust with a valve system to control the noise levels (which works absolutely amazingly!)

I'd taken a few videos of the standard exhaust.. fly bys etc and will do the same with this exhaust fitted and different levels of valves opened/closed.  Stay tuned! :p

Edited by Baillie
  • Like 2

Remus cat back non res, race link/pipe tube & sound controller B) Superior piece of workmanship, build & quality :thumbup: 

Absolutely stunning, not because I have the exact same setup (don’t mean to sound bias) but it’s definitely money well spent.

It’s a shame the standard exhaust just don’t cut the mustard on these cars, enjoy the sound & performance, I’m sure you will.

11 minutes ago, BATVANVRS said:

Remus cat back non res, race link/pipe tube & sound controller B) Superior piece of workmanship, build & quality :thumbup: 

Absolutely stunning, not because I have the exact same setup (don’t mean to sound bias) but it’s definitely money well spent.

It’s a shame the standard exhaust just don’t cut the mustard on these cars, enjoy the sound & performance, I’m sure you will.

Thanks man!  Completely agree they should come with a bit more grunt from the factory.. but as you say, money well spent.  Looking forward to getting some videos on the go!

• Like 1

That Remus is something else......... I swear... Manual mode, valves opened.... crackles, pops and bangs galore! :D and just like you say with the valves closed- quiet as standard.. absolutely incredible system.

I haven't had a chance to get videos yet as been busy with work but as soon I can, I'll have them uploaded!  

• Like 2

On 11/05/2018 at 22:55, BATVANVRS said:

Is there a resonated version of this exhaust system then?  I thought the idea of a valved system was that you essentially get both a resonated and non-res system via the opening/closing of the valves.

2 hours ago, jaygemson said:

Sounds epic!!  Would love to hear it on your videos - particularly from the inside.

I'll do my best to pick up the sounds but will only manage so much with a GoPro :)

2 hours ago, jaygemson said:

Is there a resonated version of this exhaust system then?  I thought the idea of a valved system was that you essentially get both a resonated and non-res system via the opening/closing of the valves.

There's both non-res and resonated.. I was unsure which to go for myself because I didn't want it droning but after speaking with Batman about it, the non-res is perfectly quiet with the valves closed!  I can only imagine the resonated version would be even quieter than the standard exhaust with the valves closed- but it certainly wouldn't sound as good with the valves opened :D

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jaygemson said:

There is 2 YouTube videos from Remus showing the non-res & the res exhausts on the mk3 Skoda, just type on YouTube “Remus Skoda” you should see the vids B)

Yeah, I found a few last night.  My problem with those vids is that they're 99% taken from the outside, either as fly-bys or with the camera attached to the bumper.  I ask you - when do you ever listen to your exhaust with your ear by the tailpipe?!

Found a few Milltek and Scorpion interior videos, but couldn't find a single Remus one sadly.

• Haha 1

I don’t have a great camera video “go pro” or the likes but have been meaning to buy one of the equivalent etc.

I could do a in car video on my iPhone during the week & do the 4 different valve modes so at least you get a general idea. B)

5 hours ago, BATVANVRS said:

I could do a in car video on my iPhone during the week & do the 4 different valve modes so at least you get a general idea. B)

That would be awesome!  The iPhone microphone is half decent so would give a great indication of in-car sound levels for each of the valve settings.  Cheers Batvan!

19 minutes ago, jaygemson said:

That would be awesome!  The iPhone microphone is half decent so would give a great indication of in-car sound levels for each of the valve settings.  Cheers Batvan!

No worries :thumbup: I'll try & do it on Friday as I have a job to do over SE London so will get a good run via the blackwall tunnel.

@Baillie forget to mention, don't forget to either turn off the factory sound generator via VCDS or unplug it.

• Like 1

On 22/05/2018 at 16:32, BATVANVRS said:

No worries :thumbup: I'll try & do it on Friday as I have a job to do over SE London so will get a good run via the blackwall tunnel.

@Baillie forget to mention, don't forget to either turn off the factory sound generator via VCDS or unplug it.

I haven't unplugged it yet but I'll get round to it! :) .. Made a quick video the other day.. it's all I had time for- I'll get more soon as I can though!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnwzThwAGP9YpSrLeLmOLk7ZRVez

Edited by Baillie
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'd bought gas bonnet struts from Superskoda a couple months ago and got lazy with them because they didn't come with washers... So I finally went out today and picked some up! 

FYI you'll need 2 x M6 and 2 x M8 washers if you want to fit these. 

Before and after pics with a short video of opening/closing :)

20180607_172509.jpg

20180607_174046.jpg

20180607_174231_s02.mp4

• Like 2