Feels like 'slipping' then car starts shaking under acceleration

Similar to another topic just posted, but I have a little more context.

My VRS is about 14 years old now, 175000 miles.

Recently when accelerating it, occasionally (and only in 5th or 6th gears), would feel like it was 'slipping' the revs would drop. It almost felt as if I was trying to accelerate on a slippery road - just losing power/traction.

Then I was driving home the whole car started to shake violently under acceleration in a certain rev range. The frequency of the vibrating would increase as the revs increased.

Shortly after this it started to shake when idle also.

The engine management light is on orange and when I drive it now (unfortunately I need to use it as I'm moving house - but it's not a long journey) it starts okay but will soon exhibit 'the shakes' when I accelerate. Usually in third gear, but that may be a coincidence.

First garage I went to said there was a cylinder misfire code on. Another garage I called said it sounded like a misfire. The third garage said the misfire was an old code and they thought it was something to do with the turbo cutting out because it was trying to run too hard or something.

Any ideas? I don't want to pour money into trying to get this fixed, but similarly I could do with it lasting me a little longer if possible... Otherwise I need to know how to dispose of it for the best money - but that's another thread in itself!

Here's a vid of it accelerating (starts shaking about 10-15 seconds in): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uQu71q_ClOq7VPud-ggZdODc1JyO2qQY/view?usp=sharing

Cheers 

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little more info. to add.

- The vibration doesn't change when idle if clutch is depressed or not.

- If coasting (i.e not on accelerator and clutch not depressed) the vibration is much less than when under load, but is still there just about.

- Tends to smooth out about about 2200 RPM.

- The initial misfire code was 16685. Cy 1

- The MPG is dreadful.

- The engine management light stays on amber from start now and the fault occurs almost immediately after turning the engine on (before it would stop after a restart).

I have, unfortunately, had to drive the car a bit over the last week or so because of moving house. I'm going to try and get the injector wiring loom changed with a mate (who is more handy at such things than I, provided I can find a guide or some kind of instruction on here) this weekend and see where that leads me.

Edited by holmes321