1.4tsi engine undertray

No, they are not. Only part under the radiator is covered. The whole engine area and suspension is fully open.

The engine is covered if you have a bad road package (underbody protection). I'm 100% certain on this, as the dealer missed this option for my car and had to reorder/retrofit it.

BTW. Petrols in Arteon (I assume the passat too) are not covered either. Checked this myself as I'm planning to switch to Arteon.

• Like 1

I'll see next week when the car arrives at the dealer and report back.

I hope the full length underbody trays are fitted. I suspect on S and SE trims with 16/17 inch wheels they are not as these have the rough road option available for that.

No rough road option available on SEL (18 inch wheels) and above. So maybe the trays are standard.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that underbonnet insulation is also fitted (standard on diesels)

Mine is an ambition (SE) that comes with 16” wheels. It has under bonnet insulation and a full tray under the engine (1.4 TSI). Again, my car does not have the ‘rough road package’, but the level of equipment my vary from one country to another. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GaSelle said:

Mine is an ambition (SE) that comes with 16” wheels. It has under bonnet insulation and a full tray under the engine (1.4 TSI). Again, my car does not have the ‘rough road package’, but the level of equipment my vary from one country to another. 

And just to add: we do have the ‘rough road package’ available as an option over here. 

Just checked mine. Its a March 2017 1.4 TSi SE manual. The plastic tray stops short of the sump which is clearly visible.

The Seat 1.4 TSi we had previously had a full shield.

• Thanks 1

To be honest, not having the sump covered is better for me, as out of warranty, I'll be doing the oil changes. I appreciate that I'll have to the remove the short shield at the front to get to the filter. In that respect the old camchaim 1.2tsi and 1.4tsi were great because the oil filter excellent position (for servicing) on top.

• 2 weeks later...

My car now at dealer. At a quick glance, the sump is not covered, but just about everything else is, including to the sides of the sump hence the pics from Gaselle although correct, don't show the gap for the sump.

(2018 1.4tsi SEL hatch)

Edited by xman