Deal done today

Hi all

been lurking for a while but now iv gone and put a deposit on the car.

will be getting it towards the end of the month it’s a superb sportsline hatchback DSG 4x4 in moon white .

will get some pics up when I collect it . Just need to get the towbar fitted now.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, EddGee said:

Wahey..! Congrats. 

You’ll love it. I’ve had mine a week now and still can’t stop smiling. :biggrin:

You gone for brand new or used?

67 plate ex demo .:biggrin:

• Like 1

Just now, edwards said:

Nice. I've got a 4x4 comming (petrol but not much different) and was very impressed with the surefootedness on my test drive. 

Yes me too . The. Sales guy was great he took me out on a decent test drive with dual carriageway and back lane driving then took my wife our for a much shorter drive which suited her. We did this instead of having to put our little boys car seat in.

i must say it felt very good on the road with plenty of power.

Hi Dazkim,

Just curious, but was this the white Sportline 4x4 from Derby?  I was off to test drive and hopefully snap that one up if it was.  I was hoping to get down last Sunday but it was sold on Friday.  You got an amazing deal if it was, well done!  

I couldn't really understand why it was around 2-3k cheaper than any other 67 plate 190 4x4 but wasn't going to ask the dealer why.  When do you take delivery?

Congratulation Dazkim and apologies for a bit OT, but I bought my 190 L&K 17 plate ex-demo from Derby. It was also £2-3k cheaper than comparable models, so I was happy to make the long trip. I suspect it is the luck of the draw though - different dealers doing bigger discounts when they need to get their sales numbers up. But as NellyBongo has found out, it means they shift them quickly. I put the deposit on mine sight-unseen on the day it went on the market, then picked it up 4 weeks later (xmas intervened).

On 15/02/2018 at 20:53, NellyBongo said:

Hi Dazkim,

Just curious, but was this the white Sportline 4x4 from Derby?  I was off to test drive and hopefully snap that one up if it was.  I was hoping to get down last Sunday but it was sold on Friday.  You got an amazing deal if it was, well done!  

I couldn't really understand why it was around 2-3k cheaper than any other 67 plate 190 4x4 but wasn't going to ask the dealer why.  When do you take delivery?

Hi

yes I can confirm that I bought the car you mention. The car is really nice condition and has been the managers own company car and demo. I rang then on the Saturday and told them I was coming to see it on the following Friday. I got there early on the Friday as I was off work as it was my birthday. As soon as I saw the car sat outside I knew I was going to buy it.

I got a great deal from them and the 3 people I dealt with 1 sales guy and 2 sales managers where great.

we took it it for an extended test drive and fell in love lol.

i got a deal on extending the warranty for an extra 2 Years  and also fitting mud flaps and boot liner as well.

i have just sorted my personal plate out and we collect next Monday.

11 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Congratulation Dazkim and apologies for a bit OT, but I bought my 190 L&K 17 plate ex-demo from Derby. It was also £2-3k cheaper than comparable models, so I was happy to make the long trip. I suspect it is the luck of the draw though - different dealers doing bigger discounts when they need to get their sales numbers up. But as NellyBongo has found out, it means they shift them quickly. I put the deposit on mine sight-unseen on the day it went on the market, then picked it up 4 weeks later (xmas intervened).

Hi

how did you find them to deal with . Up to yet it’s all been very good let’s hope that carries on up to and beyond collection.

10 hours ago, Dazkim said:

Hi

how did you find them to deal with . Up to yet it’s all been very good let’s hope that carries on up to and beyond collection.

Pretty decent overall. They are really busy and the atmosphere is one of practiced efficiency. They even had a guy in the car park directing traffic! Even so i didn't feel rushed during the test drive and got to check everything i needed to. We'd done all the admin in advance so the paperwork was straightforward. And they gave me 5 days free insurance in case i hadn't sorted mine which is pretty good.

Check the car carefully while you are there. Mine was missing a door brolly (which I spotted, and they put a new one in immediately) and the torch from the boot (which I noticed when I got home). They posted a new one the next day so no complaints. 

They will do the usual dealer tricks though. My order form showed the car on variable service programme, but they had changed it to fixed as part of the PDI. Not a big deal but frustrating if it isn't what you wanted.
All in all one of the better experiences I've had when buying. I don't think you will be disappointed as long as you remember you are in a busy volume seller not a Bentley dealer. 

I got my car a few weeks ago, also from Derby Skoda. Having had my previous car suddenly written off I was really up against it to get a replacement. There were a few odds and ends that’s needed sorting on it plus needed a towbar fitted, and the sales team were very helpful, I even had a courtesy car for a few days whilst they got it all right. I’d recommend them as sales people go, just as has been said make sure you’re totally happy with everything. And it does seem to be really busy!

Ivan. 

7 hours ago, Ivan8192 said:

I got my car a few weeks ago, also from Derby Skoda. Having had my previous car suddenly written off I was really up against it to get a replacement. There were a few odds and ends that’s needed sorting on it plus needed a towbar fitted, and the sales team were very helpful, I even had a courtesy car for a few days whilst they got it all right. I’d recommend them as sales people go, just as has been said make sure you’re totally happy with everything. And it does seem to be really busy!

Ivan. 

Thanks for the input guys . I am in sales myself selling caravans so I won’t fall and didn’t fall for any of the tricks you mentioned but they know what I do for a living and I pushed a hard deal with them but I also realised they are there to make money.

could I ask who fitted the towbar for you and what was the cost.

40 minutes ago, Dazkim said:

Thanks for the input guys . I am in sales myself selling caravans so I won’t fall and didn’t fall for any of the tricks you mentioned but they know what I do for a living and I pushed a hard deal with them but I also realised they are there to make money.

could I ask who fitted the towbar for you and what was the cost.

It was a company/guy called “t tech” that they use to do this, so it was all sorted through the dealer. £450 + VAT was what I paid, which seemed okay from what I remember when I had one fitted to my previous car. Westfalia 13 pin & detachable neck, not visible at all when not attached. Only niggle is that the sprung flap on the electrics connector doesn’t quite open wide enough to get my 13 to 7 pin adapter inserted (bike carrier). Not decided what to do yet, cut away a little bit more of the cutout under the rear bumper or lengthen the part that the connector pivots from, so it can swing a little lower. 

Thanks for the reply Dazkim and enjoy Monday’s collection!  Thanks also briskodajeff for the good advice.  I collect from Simpson’s colne next Friday and must remember the check everything properly and not get swept up in new car fever like I always seem to do.

Cheers chaps!

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice. White seems to suit them which is unusual on bigger cars IMHO.  Just as well given I'm collecting a Laser white Sportline combi on Monday!

59 minutes ago, NellyBongo said:

Looks fantastic! Bet you enjoyed the drive home.

Yes had a very steady lol drive home and must say I’m well impressed with the car.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

I recognise that forecourt! Lovely motor mate – enjoy. Hope they treated you well on handover after the build-up I gave them.

Lol yes the car was clean there lol not so clean now with all this snow we have at the moment.

great service a couple of niggles to sort but I’m sure they will sort it for me.

i also took them up on the 3 year service plan which worked out at a very reasonable price per month.