More door locking problems

I've searched and searched the forum for an answer but I'm struggling. Basically my front passenger door wont unlock from the remote or the drivers lock mechanism. If i pull the passenger door handle from inside the car, the lock pin pops up and then goes down when i release the handle.

I ran a scan through VCDS and it came up with the following:

00929 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Passenger Side (F221) 
            27-00 - Implausible Signal
00930 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Left (F222) 
00931 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Right (F223) 

The rear doors are fine.

Do we think this is a microswitch problem, central convenience module problem or something else?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

Sounds like the door lock solenoid is either being enabled when it shouldn't or not being disabled.  I say this because something is causing the sill switch (the door pin) to fall when you release the handle and I don't believe gravity or a sprung return should do this.

If you're up to a bit of electricals find the operating wire/s in the door harness for the locking solenoid - there are usually two working in opposite polarity (for lock and unlock) and often a third for the superlock or deadlock - and use a meter to see if the voltages and or polsrity change when you operate the lock/unlock. This should tell you whether the signals going to the lock are ok which would help to isolate the problem to the lock unit.

A plan B could be to disconnect the door lock and plug in another (loose) lock and see how that behaves.

Good luck!

Regards, Mike

Have you checked the pin connector onto the drivers module yet, as corrosion can get so extreme there that it can dissolve the pins in places if it has not been disturbed in a while. this will cause all manner of codes to the whole locking system if it has got a serious grip.

Check out this thread -

Should give you some info.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

i can recommend you try the above from "YelloCar"  picture No 13 shows the module in the drivers door which can throw up all sorts of problems due to water ingress.

i recently took mine apart, cleaned all areas with WD40 and a small tooth brush, then packed the plug with Vaseline and re-assembled.

Thankfully this cured my central locking problem. i hope you are also that lucky.

jim