Rear coil spring.

So iv got a broken rear spring and need to replace but every one I call asked if it’s got sports or lowered suspension. Been a vrs it’s going to be lower than a std but I’m sure there was a option for lowered springkit from factory. Does anyone know how I can find out what’s fitted?

2011 estate vrs tdi 

cheers 

Yeah like said by others. If after market, it will require a sports lowered spring.  Aftermarket often only have 2 or 3 variants whereas there are many factory spring sets.

About 20mm lower than standard from memory. If genuine parts are sought,  a vin or reg match should get the right match but a few experiences on here suggest you may want to check the colour coding before fitting. On my 2011 Combi I took some photos but would need to find them.... If one of your springs is ok you should be able to rub off the grime and see the markings....

I think I posted a page or link with the option codes ages ago.

Just check your owners manual or sticker in the boot for all the options for the chassis.

Each option code is a 3 character alphanumeric.

Edited by MicMac