Kessy

Karman

Lowlife will target sporty German cars and Range Rovers rather than lowly Karoq's. I agree that KESSY is a liability, but most thieves with the ability/technology to grab and retransmit near-field wireless signals will steal something more-valuable, and more-able to outrun the Police. No self-respecting hoody would be seen dead within a family SUV. They probably wouldn't take one if you left the doors open, the keys in the ignition and the engine running - at least not until a 4WD VRS/Sportline TSI version arrives.

Edited by Orville

15 minutes ago, Nicky_P said:

As in when you exit the car and touch the handle the car doesn't lock?

If it's the same system as on VW it should lock otherwise what's the point...

i will try again

41 minutes ago, vadimo said:

i will try again

You have to touch only the correct bit of the handle to lock - the dimpled bit on the fixed part of the handle. Whereas you can unlock it by touching the main part of the handle as if to open the door.

• Thanks 1

You don't need to press the remote. There's a sensor on the door handle. Touch the sensor and the car locks, you then have 2 secs to check that it's actually locked.

Keys are a faff sometimes but it seems that Kessy brings with it different faffs! All this talk of pouches and shielded boxes etc! At least you don't have to put the key in the door lock anymore.

I suppose I'll have to have it one day when all cars are keyless entry but I'm happy with a key/fob for now.

The security issues will probably be solved with the next generation of key, maybe by including an accelerometer in the key itself so the transponder is only active when the key moves (e.g. when the key is in your pocket, rather than just sitting on the kitchen table).

Convenience or laziness? How much effort does it really take to open a door with a keyfob and then stick a key into the ignition? What will car manufaturers invent next - an AI-Helper to carry people to their cars, place them in the seat, put the seatbelt on, and close the door? I am glad KESSY is not standard kit on lesser models.

4 hours ago, VAGCF said:

Keys are a faff sometimes but it seems that Kessy brings with it different faffs! All this talk of pouches and shielded boxes etc! At least you don't have to put the key in the door lock anymore.

I suppose I'll have to have it one day when all cars are keyless entry but I'm happy with a key/fob for now.

I've had a keyless car for two years now and it's no faff at all but there again i havent bought into the theft paranoia side of things so no pouches or strong boxes for me. 

Anyway, I'd bet you're more likely to suffer a house break in or hijack on the driveway than someone sat outside the house trying  to scan the key or whatever they do....