Hi all

Im new to the Skoda thing but ive just got my self a Mk1 Octavia VRS. it needs a bit of TLC whilst there is a load of service receipts from servicing there is a few things that it needs doing to the car.

A few questions. for you all and if these have been asked then my apologises in advance:

Rear windows dont open but when you press the button i can hear a faint "click" as if something is working but the motors not operating. Any ideas on this?

Something that the old owner has had fitted is a breather oil catch tank, are these actually a good thing?

Also not planned to but how do these cars respond to remapping, whist i no that they use this engine in the TT at 225bhp but can the car actually cope with this extra power more so the clutch etc.

thanks in advance 

As I understand it, you can generally expect around an extra 40bhp from remapping these engines.

So a 150 would give you up to 190bhp. None too shabby, eh?

Note - Just like yer Broadband, that is an 'up to' estimate.....!!

Welcome to the Vrs club:thumbup:

Lots of Mk1 Vrs have had a stage 1 remap done by quality companies such as Revo Technic. In standard form the 1.8 Vrs chucks out about 180bhp,

Wth a std engine cofiguration and having a stage 1 remap this can be increased to about 200 - 210bhp (very dependant on state of engine and its parts), some say more

some say less. Assuming all is good the engine can handle this extra grunt no problem (clutch / gearbox)  The downside is ;- the modification road is a money hungry road to walk :).

Regarding the OCC, a very good mod to have just remember to drain it every few months especially when its colder as it does also create a lot of condensation internally.

It could also be that the regulators have snapped and somebody has wedged the window shut with a length of timber - not unheard of on here.

What happens if you use a rear door window switch rather than the drivers switch panel?, the same thing?.