Assigning keys to profiles

Looking for some advice. I've been playing with personalisation, because I want to have one key that recognises my profile and another for SWMBO. I've managed to create a profile for myself, but can't get it to recognise me from my key - when I get in it asks who I am. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Looking for some advice. I've been playing with personalisation, because I want to have one key that recognises my profile and another for SWMBO. I've managed to create a profile for myself, but can't get it to recognise me from my key - when I get in it asks who I am. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Does your name appear between the dials on the MIB when you get in?  e.g I get a scroll enabled list of either myself, my wife and I think another profile 'guest' may be.  My name appears first though as I assume that key is assigned to my profile. 

3 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

My name appears first though as I assume that key is assigned to my profile.

I think it's whoever's name that was using the car last that shows as 'default' upon the next 'usage' - if using the same key and a profile was selected at startup. :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

One more question if I may. Is it possible to just make it "recognise" me from my key (ie not get the scroll list)? Or is that there so if SWMBO takes my key instead of hers (hope she doesn't read this ;)) she can still get to her profile?

Both myself and my wife drive our car and we have our own keys. When I open the door having unlocked it with my key the seat, mirrors and radio stations all go to my preset. My name also comes up on the dashboard welcome bar.

I've got car set to manual assignment of keys. One is assigned to my profile, the other to the wife. On opening door, seat and mirrors move to position of whoevers key opened the door. You will always get the welcome message with choice of names in dash. So technically I could open car with the wife's key, jump in and change profile to me but next time her key would still set car to her profile. 

Thanks. Had a play with this yesterday and we've both got profiles set. I think the car got a bit confused though as both keys were present. When it wouldn't go to my settings when I chose my profile I turned off personalisation then re-enabled it and everything went back to my settings. Think I need to go back with just her key and manually assign it and then all will be well. Thanks for all the comments.