Fuel guage fault

fox2319

My fuel guage was acting up today. I filled it up last week and reset the trip meter. Since then I've driven around 150 miles with around 3/4 of the tank remaining. All was well until I got in my car this afternoon and started the engine. The fuel warning light came on, the fuel guage read completely empty and the range on the trip computer read zero. I turned the engine off, checked the fuel cap and checked for any obvious signs of a leak. All seemed fine so I got back in and restarted the engine, the fault was still there.

The car is 3 months old, a Yeti SE L Drive 2.0 D. Needless to say, I've booked it into the dealer to get looked at but they can't do anything till a week on monday. 

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks. After 2 days (and around 5 short trips with the guage showing zero), it decided to start working again on the way back from a shop earlier.

Now to decide if I just let it go or keep the appointment to book it in to get seen to...