After two years and seven months of kerb-free motoring...

Gaz

a local fitter on RMS wont fit them anymore due the abrasion caused by the dirt when it gets in behind. So he sold me his last two sets at cost, i got two sets of anthracite for £40 each. that will do the summer and winter wheels

he said if the wheels are already kerbed then there's nothing to loose but he had them on a BMW335 and it caused micro abrasions although he admitted to never washing his car,

Edited by JohnnyType2

I am not so sure this will help much Xtremes on high kerbs. 

Anyway, I scratched 3 out of 4 of my winter set FRs. Already booked to repair in the spring when this set is taken off. Luckily this set was already refurbished in the same shop after buying used. I can imagine how much Xtreme hurts more (I have two invisible dots and gone crazy about it, but now it is very difficult to find how small they are).

12 hours ago, nidza said:

I am not so sure this will help much Xtremes on high kerbs. 

Anyway, I scratched 3 out of 4 of my winter set FRs. Already booked to repair in the spring when this set is taken off. Luckily this set was already refurbished in the same shop after buying used. I can imagine how much Xtreme hurts more (I have two invisible dots and gone crazy about it, but now it is very difficult to find how small they are).

i think a wider tyre 235 is probably a better way to go on Xtremes. Geminis really stick out past 225 profiles and are much more raised from the outer edge of the rim making them very susceptible to damage with the lightest of grazes. The Eagle F1s have a nice lip which should be OK on the Xtremes.

I'll put a set of alloygators on my Geminis with winters for next year and see how that goes. 

Edited by JohnnyType2

• 4 weeks later...

Tidied up as much as I dare and sealed with lacquer for the time being, 'til I get it done properly.

Gaz

IMG_0527.jpg

Gaz, that really doesn’t look too bad. 

Three of mine have similar very minor scrapes - Mrs Dunc loves a kerb - but I find my GY Eagle F1s provide pretty good protection overall. 

I’ve decided to leave them as there’s more to life than worrying about them..... no car remains perfect for too long and it can be a massive ball-ache to correct every tiny mark or scratch. 

The most important thing is how it drives!! Which, btw, is just fantastic considering the practicality. 

• Like 1