Winter wheels

yeti yeti

• 2 weeks later...

I have cross climates on my two wheel drive Yeti and am very impressed. I have a Karoq on order but can’t find anyone selling year round 215/50 R18s. Full winter tyres are difficult to source for that size also. I might look at getting a set of 17s of the SE model and going for full winters.

1 hour ago, Nemutai said:

I have cross climates on my two wheel drive Yeti and am very impressed. I have a Karoq on order but can’t find anyone selling year round 215/50 R18s. Full winter tyres are difficult to source for that size also. I might look at getting a set of 17s of the SE model and going for full winters.

I had the same problem - there are absolutely no all season tyres available in 215/50 R18.

Edited by Horacecoker

Hi,

I have a 1.5 TSI DSG Edition on order. I’m not crazy about the 19” wheels, but I can live with them for summer use. Because I drive on the continent each winter, I swap out my Yeti’s 225 50 R17 summers with 215 60 R16 winters on steel wheels. The tyres - Dunlop Wintersport 4 - still have plenty of meat on them.

The accessories pdf for the Karoq lists two 16” alloy wheels (Castor and Nanuq). And the tyre sites list steel wheels and 215 60 R16s as a Karoq Winter option. Although it seems counter-intuitive, the circumference comes out near-identical to 235 40 R19.

Does anybody know if my current 16” steel wheels/winters will therefore be a straight swap for the Karoq 19” (I’m thinking of stud holes, for instance).

I couldn’t be that lucky, could I?

9 hours ago, Meh-Te-Now said:

Hi,

I have a 1.5 TSI DSG Edition on order. I’m not crazy about the 19” wheels, but I can live with them for summer use. Because I drive on the continent each winter, I swap out my Yeti’s 225 50 R17 summers with 215 60 R16 winters on steel wheels. The tyres - Dunlop Wintersport 4 - still have plenty of meat on them.

The accessories pdf for the Karoq lists two 16” alloy wheels (Castor and Nanuq). And the tyre sites list steel wheels and 215 60 R16s as a Karoq Winter option. Although it seems counter-intuitive, the circumference comes out near-identical to 235 40 R19.

Does anybody know if my current 16” steel wheels/winters will therefore be a straight swap for the Karoq 19” (I’m thinking of stud holes, for instance).

If they physically fit on the car you are onto a winner as the circumference difference is only 1% smaller for the winters. 

10 hours ago, Meh-Te-Now said:

Probably yes - the 215 60 R16 is a listed tyre size approved for the Karoq, but on 6Jx16 ET43 rims whereas the normal Yeti rims are ET45.

The list of Skoda approved tyre and rim sizes for the Karoq was previously listed here: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/444963-looked-at-the-karoq-today-an-edition-model/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-5003557 

10 minutes ago, Arkaig said:

Probably yes - the 215 60 R16 is a listed tyre size approved for the Karoq, but on 6Jx16 ET43 rims whereas the normal Yeti rims are ET45.

Yeti 16” wheels are 7jx16 ET45.

• Thanks 1

Hopefully Yeti 7x16 wheels with 215x60 winter tyres will fit fine, as I’m planning on giving mine to my son for his Karoq.

I believe the standard 19” alloys are 8J so cant see any problems.

Edited by Kenny R