Davy’s Fabia S MPI project

Skodaboy1983

Well I thought I would start a wee project thread for my Fabia.

I picked up my Fabia on the 15th January this year and is my third Fabia over the last 11 years my first was a mark 1 Fabia vRS, and my second was a mark 2 Fabia 2 diesel estate so it was only right that I return to Fabia ownership after a 7 year absence with the mark 3 Fabia S MPI.

So basically with having a young family we needed a estate car so we bought this, I promised my wife I would not touch this car (I have a Stilo Abarth but that’s broken and likely to be sold very soon) but the itchy feet and looking at other modified Mark 3 Fabia’s got me wanting to do a wee Fabia project that I can return to standard when my PCP deal is up.

So here she is as standard.

Davy

D57C079B-4484-41FD-86AF-5685E7F06539.jpeg

1st photo: The Fabia at it’s first car meet in all it’s standard state!

2nd photo: 17 inch Gigaro VRS alloys which I purchased from Awaoffski from this fine forum

3rd photo: Pressed plates and number plate surrounds. Have had pressed plates on my last two cars and I think it’S a nice wee change to the car and rids it off Garage Advertising.

4th photo: Took a wee trip to the East Lothian Coast today.

So what’s next?

Waiting till the better weather to get my alloys on.

Davy

F0479CA3-821F-4315-B395-30A9A42E60F2.jpeg

1ACE4BA5-C3E3-4491-A391-9B3860E9B57B.jpeg

1756D693-003D-4460-BBA0-E2FD319D2131.jpeg

12C525FF-8312-42BD-BEC6-E3AA20C7421C.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well today i took advantage of the bank holiday and gave the car a quick wash and fitted my new mats that I got for a birthday present from my parents.

I also added a couple of VRS badges to the door pillars and one on the dash as my plan for this car is to make a Fabia VRS that skoda should have made and having seen the R5 edition not available in this market I am planning on taking my inspiration from that.

Other modification I carried out recently was Team Heko Wind deflectors.

Davy

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Davy it is looking good, now having second thoughts about lowering, 30/40 mm is still a big jump for me. Whereas  getting 15 inch 195/55 wheels would give 30 mm and get the Speedo accuracy back. Though doesn't reduce the centre of gravity as lowering springs would.

• Like 1

As I understand it fitting larger wheels increase the CoG height , fitting lowering springs it back down. 

So if I revert back to 15 inch wheels, 16s currently fitted,  and with lowering springs would give the lowest CoG height. 

No matter what CoG changes the car still looks great. 

Edited by Kenrw8

6 hours ago, Kenrw8 said:

As I understand it fitting larger wheels increase the CoG height , fitting lowering springs it back down. 

So if I revert back to 15 inch wheels, 16s currently fitted,  and with lowering springs would give the lowest CoG height. 

No matter what CoG changes the car still looks great. 

Depends If the tyres you have on the 16" wheels retain the same diameter as the 15" wheels. E.g. off the top of my head a 175/70 R13 tyre is the same diameter as 195/50 R15

21 hours ago, Kenrw8 said:

Davy it is looking good, now having second thoughts about lowering, 30/40 mm is still a big jump for me. Whereas  getting 15 inch 195/55 wheels would give 30 mm and get the Speedo accuracy back. Though doesn't reduce the centre of gravity as lowering springs would.

Cheers, it is looking good for a car that I intended not to touch.

Davy

• 4 weeks later...

Well after weeks of searching, I finally found a Monte Carlo splitter.

Still attached to the original bumper from a bumped Monte but I got it for a steal at £125.

Cannot wait to get this fitted.

Davy

E8F8AFA1-6696-4755-A174-4B05F43D6100.png

Well my Monte Carlo Splitter arrived like a cheetah, very quick so I wasted no time in removing it from the red bumper with a hacksaw, neighbours cutting disc and a Stanley knife.

Really impressed with how it looks on the front of my Fabia and is happy Skoda predrilled the holes to fit it.

Next for the Fabia is a Sunstrip.

Davy

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, wee update

Been planning on doing this for a while and finally got round to it.

Changed my air filter from the paper to a K&N filter, to get the air box off its 11 torx screws!! 

Once in its its the reversal of screwing all 11 screws back in.

Simple little mod and through it may give the car a extra couple of BHP if that I have noticed it sits much quieter at 70mph, instead of sitting at 4000rpm in fifth its sitting at about 3600rpm, so it’s fair to say the paper filter strangles the car a bit.

Next mod, not sure yet, most likely be getting the steelies on for winter.

Davy

7CDFA438-F81C-4753-88BC-E8ECF6703D45.jpeg

6E314918-49F4-4737-B974-7C74943DFCBD.jpeg

FDF017A6-A423-4EEA-B3C1-D34C31756D48.jpeg

Changing the air filter can only change the airflow to the engine making it easier to breathe. Easier to breathe increases the hp by a few %, maybe 5% possibly more depending on the type of the new filter.

Edited by Kenrw8
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A simple and free wee mod for the Fabia, found a old set of night breakers I think I had in my Toyota Yaris that had hardly been used..... same fitment for the Fabia, so in they went.

Thank goodness for the access panel in the passenger wheel arch to change the bulb. Next to do is change my sidelights when they arrive.

Davy

D4047DA3-8921-4FBB-84AD-31EB0971C11A.jpeg