rain/light sensor coding

I have fitted this rain/light sensor the automatic wipers worked straight away but I am assuming that to get the automatic light feature to work (I have changed the light switch just waiting for my footwell light kit to arrive so I can run the new cables for those and the extra wire from the light switch at the same time ) it will need to have the feature activated if so where can I find the coding for this please 

many thanks Russ

Edited by Bigtow
found answer to part of question elswhere

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I would like to do the same, can you please give me more information regarding the light switch and extra cable?

I've been seem switches with extra cable with sensor included, like this: https://orientalparts.com/Light-Sensor-Auto-Euro-Head-Light-Switch-Retrofit-Kit-Golf-MK6-P2779997.aspx
But this is just a work around, I would like to use the original parts, using the sensor on the top of the from glass but I couldn't find the extra cable to connect to it.

What I got so far:
Rain/Light sensor: 5Q0955547A
Switch with auto position: 5E0941431D

What am I missing? only the extra cable? Where to find it? 
Also a DIY would be very usefull.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/light-switch-5/oem-000979009e-auto-headlight-wire-for/ or look on eBay. If your car is left hand drive then you won't need to cut and extend the cable it will just need to be put into the empty socket in the plug that goes into the light switch. Then the other end needs to go to the BCM but I can't find the guide at the moment to show what socket number is the one you need. Then you will need to do some coding to tell the car it now has automatic lights

17 minutes ago, Bigtow said:

http://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/light-switch-5/oem-000979009e-auto-headlight-wire-for/ or look on eBay. If your car is left hand drive then you won't need to cut and extend the cable it will just need to be put into the empty socket in the plug that goes into the light switch. Then the other end needs to go to the BCM but I can't find the guide at the moment to show what socket number is the one you need. Then you will need to do some coding to tell the car it now has automatic lights

Thanks Bigtow! 
Meanwhile I've already bought the cable. So, I just need to find the correct socket to connect it and the code to active... That's it, right?

It would be great if someone can point me that. 

23 hours ago, luisfdgon said:

Thanks Bigtow! 
Meanwhile I've already bought the cable. So, I just need to find the correct socket to connect it and the code to active... That's it, right?

It would be great if someone can point me that. 

try  looking through these links

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=113076

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've already installed the new sensor, the switch and the extra cable (Switch pin 2 to BCM pin 16). 

Just can't find the correct encoding, can anyone help me?

Thanks

IMG_20180518_195314.jpg

IMG_20180518_195640.jpg

IMG_20180518_195814.jpg

Edited by luisfdgon

• 1 year later...