My rear set bench is keep coming out of the hook octy3

Hi guys,my lower seat of rear bench is not sticking to the hook..they (both sides) are keep popping out..I tried to slot them in and sat for a while but still they are popping out..am I missing something..by the way, I had my car seats covered by leather in an auto leather shop....

Any help would be appreciated..thank you.

Sorry, can't help . The rear seat squabs are not normally removable/foldable. I wish they were, to increase boot space. I can only flop the backrest down and not fold the base cushion. A backward step from the Mk2 imo.

• Like 1

Really! But there is U shaped rod there..it should be possible to take the seat off and do clean up and put it back..I am just wondering what is the mechanism of locking the rod to the hook..

You’ve increased the pre-load by having them covered, leather being generally thicker and less pliable that fabric. I’m not sure if the U or the bar that goes into it are adjustable.

Youve created your own problem unfortunately.

7 hours ago, gregoir said:

Sorry, can't help . The rear seat squabs are not normally removable/foldable. I wish they were, to increase boot space. I can only flop the backrest down and not fold the base cushion. A backward step from the Mk2 imo.

I not sure I get what you are saying

If you raise the rear headrests then lay down the rear backrest the rear headrests extend beyond the seat base and the lowered seat back is resting directly on the fairly thin rear seat base and offers a level loading zone. Not sure that removing the seat base would actually gets you much more loading volume because of the hinging point of the rear seatback.

14 minutes ago, gregoir said:

I only meant that the Mk2 did it differently and both the base and backrest folded.:blush:

The backrests on my Mk3 don't lie flat when folded BTW.

I never did fold the base up on my old mk2, still I only owned it for 6 years.

I just checked out the mk3 while I was loading it up tonight and it's not completely flat, maybe slopes up by 5 degrees. I stand corrected.

I took the seat cover off now but still it's not snap in the slot...keep coming back out.. I am wondering how can I fix it now..very stupid seat design. 

1 hour ago, frass said:

The plastic clips that lock the U-shaped rods are single use. Part number 5E0 886 373.    Simply clever :blink:

Wow..amazing...so I can buy couple of them and easily replace..then problem sorted..

There are four little clasps retaining the clip, they are tricky to release without scraching the metal around, so I broke mine with a tiny screwdriver to loosen the clip. 

3BE88112-8AD8-4CA7-BF09-C7A66309F78A.jpeg

How did you fix them then? Is it easy to take them off of the body and insert new one? Please help me with more details. Thank you.

I didn’t fix them. Broke the clasps so they can be extracted without damaging the base, and plugged the new ones. I don’t think they are meant to be fixed. Inside there are two pins that catch the U shaped thingy and bend to lock it tight, after you pull up the seat they remain bended and can’t lock any more. Every time the seat is lifted a new clip should be inserted. Damn “clever” engineered. They cost less then one euro each, though. Good luck changing them, mate!

• Thanks 1

On 27/02/2018 at 23:19, gregoir said:

Agreed, and part of a fairly long list of backward steps I experienced going from a Pre FL Octavia 2 to a Pre FL Octavia 3 

Some of this the result of going down from an Elegance to an SE Sport but most of it across the range, some bad design but a lot of it very good design if you bear in mind that the primary design brief for the Octavia 3 was cost saving, cost saving and more cost saving. The designers did what their masters wanted.

6 hours ago, frass said:

I didn’t fix them. Broke the clasps so they can be extracted without damaging the base, and plugged the new ones. I don’t think they are meant to be fixed. Inside there are two pins that catch the U shaped thingy and bend to lock it tight, after you pull up the seat they remain bended and can’t lock any more. Every time the seat is lifted a new clip should be inserted. Damn “clever” engineered. They cost less then one euro each, though. Good luck changing them, mate!

I've already ordered them. each is £1.68. so now i think i can put the leather cover back and with new Grommet there shouldn't be any problem of locking the seat base.  

Its all sorted now..is there any isofix cover supposed to be in my car..I don't want to open to another thread as it is regarding the seat.. my Isofix is not covered but these guys who fitted the seat cover said me that they are meant to be covered. My car is Elegance, December 2013. 1.6hdi hatch back.