Skoda Drive App and Skoda Drive Web Portal no longer supported.

All,

I have had persistent problems logging into the Skoda Drive App Internet Portal, the Drive App on my iPhone continues to work correctly, it connects, to the car and records drive and map data, but will not connect to the Drive Portal, so you are able to log in and see your data etc.

Other App's, such as MySkoda App, Media Command,  still works correctly, I have installed the Skoda OneApp  & MFA Pro 3 which work but with limited functionality.

This issue appears to only affect the early Superb MK3's from vehicles 22/15 - 22/16, I thought this information may be of interest to the forum, especially those of us who still have the first production of Mk3's.

I have contacted Skoda support and received an update on this issue, please see their reply's below, it would be nice if Skoda could notify us when particular App support will be discontinued, so that we know that we may encounter issues with the Apps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your email but  ŠKODA Drive App support was terminated on 31.12.2017.

You can still use the SmartGate unit for following apps: 

1.        SmartGate

2.       MyŠKODA      

3.       MFA Pro

4.       G-Meter 

5.       Little Driver

The SmartGate app not only unitizes the apps 3. to 5. (you do not need to install them separately) but also helps you to easily change the connection mode between your phone and the SmartGate unit from WiFi client to WiFi direct, without losing the internet connection of your Android smartphone via mobile data.

You can download here all the apps that are mentioned above:

-      for Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=%C5%A0KODA+AUTO+a.s.

-      for iOS  https://itunes.apple.com/cz/developer/skoda-auto-a-s/id420627878

The applications MFA Pro a G-Meter can be also projected on your Infotainment display but only if your vehicle is equipped with the MirrorLink function.

Please contact us if you have any questions or need our help.

With kind regards

Irena Kohoutová

ŠKODA AUTO Help Desk

Mobilní aplikace, infotainmenty a mobilní online-služby (ŠKODA Connect)

email: [email protected]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can not help you more than  recomend you ŠKODA OneApp aplication. But your car is from 2015.

And vehicles 22/15 - 22/16 do not need to send all signals correctly. For example the information about the situation of the tank, pressure of the turbo, current output power etc. do not need to come.

Best Regards

Vojtěch Kosinka

ŠKODA AUTO Help Desk

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have right, website for ŠKODA Drive was closed because of terminated support of this app.

It's possible that application One App will be cooperate with your system - even if maybe partly only. We recommend you can try it.

http://www.skoda-auto.com/world/oneapp

If you want to visualize the information on the infotainment display, you also need MirrorLink (with Android phones) or CarPlay (with iOS OS) to work - https://vimeo.com/207624908/30a87e857b  - (and connecting your phone with MIB by the appropriate cable)

If you have an Android phone, its compatibility with MirrorLink you can find here: http://compatibilitylist.skoda-auto.com/

For viewing OneApp on the phone only, it' is  connected with MIB via WiFi.

Best regards

Irena Kohoutová

ŠKODA AUTO Help Desk

Good luck with this

The one app doesn't  work with my car (SE-L 65 plate), Have spoken to skoda who at first gave me the same it will work with limited functions and now state I need to update the system to spec ????

But the car has just been into the dealers because during the last service the update wiped out the smartgate password and the original password which should be the chassis number was input wrong during the factory build.

so after 3 visits to the dealer(total of 6 if I include round two of the door rubber fix), my car now can use smartgate. Dealer states my car has been updated with all known updates (funny as software versions still the same as before service) but one app still doesn't work. Dealer states there is no update spec version skoda states to update to, skoda says there is. So nothing is going to get done.

Plus emailing skoda I get the impression they just reply from a card or it gets lost in translation. the bloke wanted me to give him the android version I was using. when I replied I had an iPhone on ios 11 he just kept asking for the android version number to be able to help me.

Carplay doesn't even recognise one app on my phone so the app doesn't even appear on the display and wont connect using any lead. 

Experiencing the some problem today. Skoda connect app can't connect to car but web portal is up to date and logging everything.

Skoda connect app lifts an error that claims that the service either been inactivated or that the car is in invisible mode.

Haven't changed anything in the car and I've paid for the function until late October this year.

Anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

1 hour ago, Baverhanne said:

Experiencing the some problem today. Skoda connect app can't connect to car but web portal is up to date and logging everything.

Skoda connect app lifts an error that claims that the service either been inactivated or that the car is in invisible mode.

Haven't changed anything in the car and I've paid for the function until late October this year.

Anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

Yeah, had this the past couple of days too. skoda-connect.com reports that the services are subscribed until 31/01/2019.

If it isn't sorted next week I'll poke the dealer, but as it is almost certainly a back-end problem I'm sure there'll be nothing they can do about it.

My Skoda connect was also not working yesterday it kept saying the car been put into private mode.

i knew it hadn’t because there’s only me knows have to do it.

i had a play with it last night and it did 2 updates and 2 map updates now it’s all working again.

Same as @MarkUk63, Updated the Skoda Connect App and immediately got the error that the service is not enabled or in privacy mode. Tried logging out of the app and back in, did not work. I also turned the service to private in the infotainment system, waited a while and turned it back on again, app works fine now.

Update adds Vehicle Health Report and more functions to Trip Planner (although I haven't tried it)