1U Octavia parts: gearbox mount, parcel shelf

Mankee

Here's the first load of bits that I can lay my hands on from my 1U Octavia vRS that has sadly come to the end of the road. Location is Ipswich, Suffolk, but I think most of these bits can be posted.

New 1.8T oil pickup and O-ring. Bought them to avoid the low oil pressure/sludged up pickup issues, but I never got round to fitting them. May be suitable for other engines, but check the part number for yourself. £SOLD

Gearbox mount, part number 1J0 199 555 AP. Cost well over £100 new from TPS along with the bolts. Thought I had an engine mount issue but turned out to be an inner CV joint. Only covered 14916 miles on my car in the space of 15 months being fitted. £50

DSCF4223.thumb.JPG.b2f9df19277a8170741d49300c7e9a65.JPG

DSCF4226.thumb.JPG.6b738e4b7b6719c7d578ec7abb18b43f.JPG

Engine cover from my own car, but I've not been able to fit it without without hacking it up since I changed to an oversized SFS intake pipe. £SOLD

Parcel shelf. Really decent nick and no broken strings or holes anywhere. £20

DSCF3926.thumb.JPG.67b66ca6794594a0755c99b676793ea5.JPG

DSCF3927.thumb.JPG.7775f795067a4a5825591cee0c838032.JPG

Aerial signal booster. When fitting aftermarket head units, the radio reception can become rubbish without the standard head unit's built-in amplifier. I bought this ages ago to try out. Radio reception was amazing but I wired it in wrong and it flattened my already dying battery overnight. Doh! Never tried it again since as I started to stream music instead. £2

DSCF3934.thumb.JPG.734b60545167bfb0934fe3d2f2a8f54f.JPG

From my spare AUQ engine, power steering pump, part number 1J0422154B. Pulley is loosely bolted on as you need to take it off in order to bolt the pump onto that whacking great bracket strapped to the front of the engine anyway. £SOLD

Alternator, also from my spare AUQ engine. Can't find much info on the body of this unit. Maybe it's aftermarket? You can have the belt too! £SOLD

Edited by Mankee

2 hours ago, StickyMicky said:

Looking for a brake fluid reservoir for my mk1 Octy 1.9tdi.

Would you know if the one from yours would fit?

I'm not 100% certain. Looks like there's only one part number for the reservoir for RHD cars, which is 1J2611301A. It's not worth the hassle of me removing just the reservoir for you when you may as well buy a brand new one from eBay for £30.

1 hour ago, Pitbull69 said:

is oil pick up £12.50 posted ? 

Yeah, I can do the pickup and seal for £12.50. If you want to go ahead with it, drop me a private message.

57 minutes ago, Mankee said:

I'm not 100% certain. Looks like there's only one part number for the reservoir for RHD cars, which is 1J2611301A. It's not worth the hassle of me removing just the reservoir for you when you may as well buy a brand new one from eBay for £30.

Yeah, I can do the pickup and seal for £12.50. If you want to go ahead with it, drop me a private message.

Cheers m8 pm incoming

I've found some more bits laying around.

Starter motor. I bought this for my vRS from another Briskoda member, to replace the one on my car that "moos" during the cold weather. It's never bothered me enough to actually change it though, so this has sat around as a spare. It's an original Bosch, with some rust on the body and "VW AG" stamped on it. I've not fitted it to the car but have jumped the solenoid and the motor off a battery and they work fine. £SOLD

The first of my spare gearboxes. This is a 5-speed ENJ, which I chose as the ratios aren't far off the EHA fitted to 1.8T vRSs and the EHAs seem to command a fairly decent amount of money. Was going to fit a trick diff to this box but never got round to it. Bought from a local breakers and came from a mk4 Golf with under 100k miles. Never fitted or used it myself and has just sat in the garage. Comes with clutch arm, slave cylinder, shift tower. £SOLD

Another gearbox, this one is a DBZ which came with my spare AUQ engine. This has no driveshaft flanges, shifting bits or slave cylinder. Unknown mileage but matey was going to put the AUQ plus this gearbox into a mk2 Golf I think, hence removal of the driveshaft flanges. Something like that. £SOLD

Strange one this. I've got a 1.8T cat and lambda sensor, but it's not from a vRS as it has only one lambda sensor port. Maybe it's from an early mk4 Golf GTi or something. You could get another port welded in if needed. I used this as my "MOT cat"; basically presented it to the tester in the boot of my car along with £20 and asked them to trip over and accidentally stick the probe up a Corsa. £SOLD

Edited by Mankee