Will the Dog Cage I have in the MKII Superb Combi fit the MKIII

Picking up a new Superb Combi.

Does anyone know if I can I transfer the old cage into the new car? The old one was from Skoda, came installed when I picked it up, and was drilled in.

Should I be drilling in the new one or go will a third party make e.g.  https://www.travall.co.uk/skoda/superb-estate-2015--/travall-dog-guard-tdg1495 

Thanks 

Thanks SteveHut,

Have you an official Skoda one in the MK3? 

Great that they have fixing nuts - the last time the dealer had to fit it by drilling it in.

Yeah I have the official Skoda one. Can be fitted in seconds and secured using the four fixing bolts in the MK3. No drilling is required. The bolts came with the guard and doesn't rattle or move about.

• 1 month later...

sorry to bump this up again.

Dealer is saying that a "drill in" to the roof is the only option here but based on Steve's @SteveHut info this apprach has been done away with in the MKIII and the four fixing bolts are used ( which makes sense). Anyone have a picture or direct me to the proper part so I can "help" the dealer.

Thanks in advance.

I still have mine in the garage and fairly sure I still have the original box. I will try and take a photo as should have the part numbers etc on it. Not having the Skoda I am not on here much.

Pity your not based UK @Rampart as you could of had mine. Not got round to sticking the thing on ebay yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @E3RJE 

I'm looking for something like this - just a barrier, but not drilled to the roof.

Just can't find a part number of reference etc.

dog-barrier.png

Edited by rampart

Are you after a dog guard, or a cage (wire crate)

The picture above looks very similar to the one we has in Mk2 Octavia, easily removable by releasing the 2 handwheel nuts

From memory, When I bought it,  I had to unlock the raised boot floor rails (the spacers running front back) and the bolts screwed into existing holes, then just refitted the floor riser rails.  Never had to take out raised floor again

The hooks on the bars fitted over existing boot lashing hooks, Never had to drill anything

We left it in when we part exchanged the car, so haven't got it any more

Only got one dog now, and nearly 9 so not likely to jump over, so just got something simple like this, just hooks over the poles used to raise the rear seat headrests, can adjust the side panels (and put them in different ways up depending on shape)  wedges against back of headrests so doesn't rattle

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Yeti-1-2-TSI-110bhp-SE-5d-2015-Mesh-dog-guard-barrier/172898874124?epid=2276419664&hash=item284193730c:g:OvgAAOSwEIFZ0R4s

Thanks - I like the travall, but the Skoda dealer is going to want to put in their own part. The barrier was part of the deal but I would prefer not to use a drilled to the roof option. 

Just for anyone looking for some detail on this (kudos to my dealer for sourcing these).

If you are just looking for official Skoda accessories then your only option currently is the roof drilled in "trunk grille" for the Superb (3V9017221). I have attached the installation manual for anyone who needs it.

Also attached is the "trunk grille" for the Octavia (DMM 620 001) which does not require roof drilling - I mistakenly thought there was a similar Skoda option for the Superb.

Final PDF is for the "Transverse trunk grille" for the Superb (3V9 017 221 ), again for anyone who is interested.

Thanks to all above for their detective work.

3V9017221 Skoda.pdf

DMM 620 001.pdf

3V9 017 221 en.pdf

• 4 years later...

I have just bought a Mk II Guardsman dog guard for my Mk III with a panoramic roof. It fits exactly. The only issue is that it needs longer 'J' bolts (208 - 210 mm) than those for the MkII. Personally, it is such a tight fit and doesn't rattle that I probably won't bother with the 'J' bolts.

Note that the standard grill is one 'square' taller than the panoramic (part number with P suffix) version. I was put off the Mk III version because it has a lower grill extension which requires the cargo bay cover end to stick up when fitted.