Ordering a Sportline

I'm in the thinking about replacing my Octavia estate with a Superb estate Sportline 150.

At present the only extras I have specified are:

Heated windscreen

Heated Front seats

Heated Washer nozzles

Have I missed any obvious must have extra for the Sprotline ?

As always I'm looking for the best price / deal and carwow are coming up withe some good PCP deals. 

Anyone got a great deal lately ? 

Andy

Edited by ajl124

I would get front parking sensors.  The Superb is a big old car. 

A temporary spare wheel, hopefully you won’t have to use it but I prefer one over a repair kit. 

Travel Assist/Traffic Sign Recognition. Not particularly useful but it then gives you the A5 forward facing camera meaning that High Beam Assist and Lane Assist can be enabled via VCDS.

If you spend a lot of time in the car and enjoy listening to music then the Canton system is very good IME. Defo an ‘upgrade’ over the standard system. 

Edited by penguin17

If you hear the Canton you will never go back – brilliant sound system. Front sensors is very sensible but whatever you do, don't spec the side sensors. Spec the cheapest of HBA, TSR or LA. As Penguin says that gets you the camera and you can code the rest. Have a read at the thread I put up called “six weeks in" to see the good and not so good as I see it. Cant link to it at the moment as I’m on a phone. 

2 hours ago, ajl124 said:

I'm in the thinking about replacing my Octavia estate with a Superb estate Sportline 150.

Have I missed any obvious must have extra for the Sprotline ?

Andy

280 PS Petrol Motor:blush:

• Haha 4

The nozzles are cheap but not sure they are worth having. It is only the tip that is heated so the pipes can still freeze. In the UK as long as you put a reasonable strength of washer they should not freeze anyway. Can not remember the last time my washers did not work due to being frozen. I am liking the led light pack I had in mind. Nothing useful but looks nice.

My Sportline 150 should be being built next week. 

I went for:

Black Magic

Full ADAS (smart light assist, blind spot, lane assist) as it will be used as the training car where I work.

Rear Camera

Heated screen, washers and front seats

Front sensors would have been ideal, but I was up to my budget limit with the above (Company car)

Can't wait. I've had a while now of "make do" company cars, this is the first one I've had a decent budget to get what I want for a while. Should have it early May.

Thanks for the replies.

I'll look into the the various options people have advised.

CoolC did you get a good deal including the Deposit Contribution of 4K ?

With my stated options I'm getting carwow prices from £28153 to £25571 on PCP.

1 hour ago, ajl124 said:

Thanks for the replies.

I'll look into the the various options people have advised.

CoolC did you get a good deal including the Deposit Contribution of 4K ?

With my stated options I'm getting carwow prices from £28153 to £25571 on PCP.

I forget the exact costs now ( the info is on my work computer) but it's from my local dealer. 3+33 of ~£420 per month with maintenance and 30,000 miles per year.

Ordered my Sportline 150 DSG Estate just before Christmas, so expecting delivery in the next couple of weeks. 

I stuck with the free Laser White paint but had quite a few options 11 in total. It’s on a PCH deal as the same car on PCP was an extra £150 per month. 

6C82FA87-AE00-4C00-97E8-17FBBD9FEC57.jpeg

I ordered through Simpson’s worth getting a quote from them before choosing PCP unless you intend to purchase the car when the finance has finished. I’ve just finished a PCP policy and the car was still not worth it’s guaranteed value, although this was an Octavia.