Driving Licence Query

STREE

I've just received my licence back after renewing it (10 year) and see that extra categories have been added. I passed my test in Jan 2000 and I'm 37.

AM has been added which I can see from the internet is correct, this allows me to ride mopeds without a CBT or additional testing but I have also gained category A back dated to 2013 which appears to allow me to ride any motorbike. However, I have never taken a CBT or any bike related test or indeed ridden one in my life. I cannot see anything online that tells me why this has been added and if indeed I did want to ride a motorbike if additional tests are required. Is anyone able to clarify the situation? Obviously I'm not daft and know I couldn't just jump on a bike with no experience but some clarity would be good to have.

All a mystery to me. 

I have so many classes available and so many exclusions, all contradict what is on the licence. 

So i am Disabled, Full car licence, restricted bike licence, have available Quad, Trike, Bike, Moped licence, and need adaptions apparently, but passed test without adaptions.

So, 

Is it not Provisional Motor Cycle you have, in the certain classes of bike?

52 minutes ago, STREE said:

I've just received my licence back after renewing it (10 year) and see that extra categories have been added. I passed my test in Jan 2000 and I'm 37.

AM has been added which I can see from the internet is correct, this allows me to ride mopeds without a CBT or additional testing but I have also gained category A back dated to 2013 which appears to allow me to ride any motorbike. However, I have never taken a CBT or any bike related test or indeed ridden one in my life. I cannot see anything online that tells me why this has been added and if indeed I did want to ride a motorbike if additional tests are required. Is anyone able to clarify the situation? Obviously I'm not daft and know I couldn't just jump on a bike with no experience but some clarity would be good to have.

Weird.  Perhaps contacting DVLA would be better, as they may have messed up your license with someone elses when printing...

News to me but found I can view my drivers licence details online which has all the info.

AM: 

You can drive 2-wheel vehicles or 3-wheel vehicles with a maximum design speed of over 25km/h and not more than 45km/h. Light quadricycles with an unladen mass of not more than 350kg, not including the mass of the batteries in the case of electric vehicles, whose maximum speed is over 25km/h and not more than 45km/h

A

You can drive a motorcycle of a power exceeding 35kW or with a power to weight ratio exceeding 0.2kW per kg, or A motorcycle of a power not exceeding 35kW with a power to weight ratio not exceeding 0.2kW per kg and derived from a vehicle of more than double its power. A motor tricycle with a power exceeding 15kW

1. 79(3) Restricted to tricycles

So I can't ride a full on motorbike just a moped or a 3 wheeler.

Edited by STREE

The DVLA has had a mare recently. Sent mine off through work to get Cat C provisional, came back exactly the same. Turns out they have sent out over 150,000 wrong licenses over the last few months