Rear Wiper Leak ATTEMPTED FIX (NEW)

JWardSound

HI all - i've had a search through various topics on this and have tried a fix myself but struggling and hoped for some help...

Car: Skoda Rapid 2013 1.2TSI

After the big freeze my rear wiper tube detached at the back and didn't fit back on snuggly and leaked. I will say at this point - it is a shocking design that my unborn baby would have done a better job of.

Anyway - I took the little plastic bit in to my local parts shop and bought some new tube. Of course the plastic fitting on the outlet pipe is a different width to the inlet for the wiper... I managed to get it over both bits and secure with tight, thin cable ties. (PICTURE ATTACHED). The tube stays on but it leaks out the back of the tubing. I think it is potentially blocked coming out the wiper, I removed the wiper nozzle and cleaned out and it fires through but still with some back leak. I think it might be blocking up between the inlet and the nozzle bit can't work out how to take it apart to clean it. 

Is anyone able to send a picture of their rear wiper to see if my fix coudl be better?

Cheers,

Josh

IMG-2930.JPG

IMG-2929.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Further to my post - I got the part and a new nozzle but still getting a leak from the back. Its driving me mad now. I'm beginning to wonder if there is a slight block between the inlet of the washer hose and the outlet at the nozzle... 

Most recent picture. this is using the couplr part sent by skoda, then a bit of tube to connect up the washer pipe. I still can't believe this is the best way to do this?!? How are they out of the factory (can anyone post a picture of theirs?)

Cheers,

Josh

IMG-3013.JPG

• 5 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread. Do you happen to have a part number for the square coupler coming off the wiper motor? My motor packed in and had to replace but the coupler wont close over the new one.

Just saw part number. Must read more carefully!

Edited by Hough1981
Saw P/N above

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/09/2018 at 10:56, Hough1981 said:

My motor packed in and had to replace but the coupler wont close over the new one.

Did you have the same motor as mine:

IMG_20181006_161344.thumb.jpg.3a0a0e4131e6de9cf38aedba97aca4e8.jpg

Where did you buy a replacement from?

I'm told mine has died, and the dealers initially quoted £300 to replace!!

It looks straightforward enough to replace, so I just need to find a replacement - ideally new.

Edited by gsf600y

• 3 months later...

If this is useful - i have ordered this very reasonably priced second hand pump part. I hope this resolves my issues. Seems a bit too cheap so i will let you know how i get on.

https://www.partan.eu/en/catalogue/skoda-5e5955711-rapid-nh3-2013-wiper-motor-rear_9917/

• 2 weeks later...

just to confirm - the wiper part arrived today. Company seem legit and helpful. There was an error on their website that meant i ordered it twice, but they cancelled and refunded my card straight away.

Unfortunately i cannot tell you if the part works as a ****ed, uninsured tosspot smashed into my parked Rapid last weekend, then ran away, total write off. Am hoping to replace like for like so will keep the part if needed in the future.

Josh

Cool :)

Had my Octavia written off 6 months ago (t-boned), but took the money and kept the car.  Living with the superficial panel damage, as it's just a commuting workhorse.

Sometimes having car written off can be useful to replace with better spec, or in my case I've kinda "locked in" the value, but will hopefully get a few more years life out of it.