Key Fob battery replacement 15 months old

Hi, had my car just over 15 months and a few days ago the car display started saying replace key fob battery, On my past new cars (Hyundai) the key fob batteries lasted several years and never had to replace one before as sold the car by then, I thought they would at least last 3-5 years, anyway are they easy to replace?

**** easy - Handle of a utensil in the side with key ejected - Prise the case off -Remove battery - Replace with a decent branded battery.

If stuck - Youtube VW or Skoda key battery change to see how you do it.

Make sure you definitely use a good battery otherwise it won't respond (Just had this experience) I got a pack of 4 Duracells for £6 off Amazon.

3 hours ago, POWYSWALES said:

Hi, had my car just over 15 months and a few days ago the car display started saying replace key fob battery, On my past new cars (Hyundai) the key fob batteries lasted several years and never had to replace one before as sold the car by then, I thought they would at least last 3-5 years, anyway are they easy to replace?

3 hours ago, POWYSWALES said:

If you have Kessy this is fairly normal, Ive changed mine every 15-18months since I've had it.

A standard key should last longer I would expect but obviously dépends on how often its used.

I too have noticed my key fob battery hasn't lasted as long - my previous Octy3 I had for 3 years & the battery never needed replacing - my current car, another Octy3 (both non KESSY) is not yet 18 months old yet the key fob battery needed changing 2 weeks ago. Fortunately the manual is quite clear on the change procedure, including the re-formatting if the replacement doesn't work 1st time ! I had a "cheapo" battery at hand, (cost about £1 for four !) and that worked just fine - might not last forever though !B)

I put a Panasonic 2025 in mine about 5 weeks ago ( I have KESSY) and when I removed the old battery noticed it was had a 2032 in it but the fob states it should be 2025.  So with a new 2025 in I noticed at the weekend my boot wouldn't open (without using fob) and tonight the fob light flashing tonight.

I have tonight put a Panasonic 2032 in and will se how long it lasts!