Usb connection.

Janner74

I saw in an earlier post that people were discussing the usb sockets and being able to leave a phone or MP3 player in the car but not being able to because the cover won't slide shut. I bought a right angled connector from Amazon and it allows me to slide the cover over with the iPod left underneath. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00MWI7TTS?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t2

• Thanks 2

I'd never any chance of housing my phone at the front in our yeti, but using that exact same adaptor, was able to run a USB A to USB C cable across to my side and tucked in the console housing along to the rear tray. The phone sits there and runs Android Auto. Works great. You have to make sure the adaptor fits the right way in the car socket.

I'd been hoping that with a short right angled (at both ends) cable, the phone would fit. but maybe not then :sadsmile:

Pic of the adaptor in the Yeti:

DSC_0001 (2).JPG

As posted above, I use one of the USB-3 right angled adaptors plus cable with USB C equipped phones, so if that's necessary, I'm all set.

I'm hoping though that a short right angle A > C cable  will do it. Till the car turns up, can't test :sadsmile:

Just as a reminder of what I'd prefer, I've got this in my Amazon basket. Far more expensive than the eBay A > micro, but USB-3 and will be in the car for 4 years. For AA inc music streaming, it's worth it for me:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077XBG6HM/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3291U2F0K1OPZ 

• Like 1

Added to my basket as another option, as its 25cm whereas the other I've added is 20, might be better.

But mentions USB 3.0 in the title and USB 2.0 in the description. I hate it when they can't proof their own listings :wondering:

My micro USB  cable arrived today, 99p from China on eBay. One of many sellers selling the same thing:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-A-2-0-Right-Angle-Male-to-Micro-USB-Right-Angled-90-Cable-Cord-27cm-JDUK-/122944546583

Looks to be the same as the one shipping from the UK for £2.99 (same as this pic too). Took about 2 weeks to arrive.

Seems to connect ok. Only comment would be that the metal part of micro USB connector is longer than normal.

s-l400.jpg

• Like 1