Dealer Fit Accessories

I'm compiling a list of bits I need to buy ready for delivery, this list is almost as expensive as the factory options I added.

To be fair, most are coming from Superskoda or eBay etc. but the car better get here soon before this list gets much bigger!

1) Rubber floor mats. Not normally a fan vs. carpet mats, but I like the way the rubber ones have a lip on them offering increased protection. I've been disappointed with the factory supplied carpet ones in our Octavia, the rear ones don't even fit properly, they're a slightly different shape to the foot-well!

s-l300.jpg.090f09fb549b4e4d54cb54cc3beeef5c.jpg

About £60 for all four. No rubber mats available for seats 6 and 7 but I'm figuring these are just likely to get in the way when folding the seats up and down?

2) Rubber Transmission Tunnel Cover. The carpets on our Octavia are quite wirey and hold on to the gravel and dried grass like nothing I've seen before. This will cover what the rubber mats can't!

565061580.thumb.jpg.426f44bfbe2bb10641d1865261869bc1.jpg

About £20.

3) Rubber boot mat. Mine is a seven seater so I've read there are two sizes, one for the 5 and another for the 7 seater. Then there is one for a car with spare wheel, and one without. Does this mean there are four different sizes? Are all the genuine boot mats reversible i.e. carpet on one side, rubber on the other?

5963b06253c3f_KodiaqBootMat1jpg.jpg.0c28610afd99c3119ce684341507194d.thumb.jpg.a88da8e174af20e089b7ca48184a63c1.jpg

£65 ish.

4) Rear bumper protector. Our kids spend quite some time sat in the boot with their legs sticking out whilst we fit / remove welly boots, jackets, wipe noses etc. etc. The paint on the large 'stepped' rear bumper on our Octavia is already showing signs of wear. This brushed aluminium one should suit the Kodiaq Scouts chrome bumper trims nicely...

kdq-rbsill-v2-rs6-4.thumb.jpg.f8a2ace3ab9c2af8e4731ce6921aabe3.jpg

£40.

5) Rear window Mesh Blinds.

Again, we have these on the current car, they're great, tailored fit (no sucker pads on the glass) and the window can be wound up and down with them in place. Easily removable too.

Also a lot cheaper than the inbuilt ones available as a factory option too. They cover more of the glass too.

IMG_7216.JPG.eb9d895ab146d83e3002b341bbb8caaa.thumb.JPG.fa55f1b53fafb4cc98c1a0c5ed7f1dd5.JPG

£50 for the rear door windows, rear boot windows and rearmost boot window (5 pieces).

6) Front and rear mudflaps. On previous cars they haven't had much effect in keeping the car clean, but I do like the look of mudflaps, they finish the car off nicely. However, I'm going to have to wait until Skoda have finished modifying the front flaps, the current design is supposed to damage the inner wheelarch liner over time.

1489508143_565075111_w450_h400.jpg.46ce6ef14fa8b06e4454fd98395cd28f.jpg     1489508503_565075101_w450_h400.jpg.64cd3df5b8a6d5fad21e54cb7d55cb91.jpg

£20 per pair = £40.

And finally the most controversial, and expensive.

7) Side Bars. At £900 fitted Skoda must have been out on their Christmas party when they agreed on the price, but I think they look really smart. My little lad currently scrabbles over the painted sill on our current car to get in, these steps will make life easier for him and hopefully preserve the paint.

My dealer has promised to do me a really good deal on them once the car arrives, that'll be £895 then :D

565071691.jpg.3c7a3046ea8a482274eba7402a88a677.jpg

I'll use my £1,000 free fuel card for most of this though.

So £1,175 so far.

Oh and a touch-up pen! And I'll need some new feet for my Thule WingBars :sweat:

Argh, and a tow ball cover! Surprised you don't get one after spending £860 on the factory fit tow bar. However I wonder if when the tow bar is stored the tow ball ends up sitting upside down, therefore ensuring a tow ball cover would hold water, not ideal against exposed metal, greased or not. I'll need to wait until the car arrives. Only a fiver though.

PRO_SK100444.jpg.feed66763e406754cbfb41afdb3c922c.jpg

What did you all get fitted!?

Edited by silver1011

I saw some carpet floor mats for 6/7 on superskoda - so they might be worth it. (http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/KODIAQ/Kodiaq-textile-floor-mats-original-Skoda-Autoas-for-the-3rd-seats-row)

I love the skirts, but not sure I can justify the price of them :) 

Where are the blinds from, I wanted to add the kids pack but was a little late into the order process when I decided, and thought I wasn't bothered enough to delay the car.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Rubber boot mat

Just a note on that one... you'll lose access to the variable boot floor, plus it looks like it covers the hooks in the bottom of the boot for the nets. I think a plastic sheet type one that you can fold back would be a better bet, it could cover the whole boot with third-row seats down, or fold in half when they're up, and you can fold it back to get under the variable boot floor, and get round the sides to the net hooks. Might not look as nice, but much more practical.

• Like 1

I did think about that. I think I already lose the variable boot floor as I've specified a spare wheel?

Another consideration is having the hassle of what do do with the boot mat if you want to use the rearmost seats. I guess leaving it in the garage isn't always an option if you don't know you need to use the seats before leaving home!

Even rolled up I guess it's pretty big and cumbersome.

Third world problems hey!

12 hours ago, exFiesta said:

Where are the blinds from, I wanted to add the kids pack but was a little late into the order process when I decided, and thought I wasn't bothered enough to delay the car.

See here...

The carpet mats for seats 6 and 7 might be a good call, I think you can buy them without having to buy the other four as one. Carpet mats have got to be better than nothing. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

The carpet mats for seats 6 and 7 might be a good call, I think you can buy them without having to buy the other four as one. Carpet mats have got to be better than nothing.

The rubber mats come as a set of 4, and you can't get them for the third row. The carpet mats come as sets of 2 for each row, including the third.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, silver1011 said:

I'm compiling a list of bits I need to buy ready for delivery, this list is almost as expensive as the factory options I added.

To be fair, most are coming from Superskoda or eBay etc. but the car better get here soon before this list gets much bigger!

1) Rubber floor mats. Not normally a fan vs. carpet mats, but I like the way the rubber ones have a lip on them offering increased protection. I've been disappointed with the factory supplied carpet ones in our Octavia, the rear ones don't even fit properly, they're a slightly different shape to the foot-well!

s-l300.jpg.090f09fb549b4e4d54cb54cc3beeef5c.jpg

About £60 for all four. No rubber mats available for seats 6 and 7 but I'm figuring these are just likely to get in the way when folding the seats up and down?

2) Rubber Transmission Tunnel Cover. The carpets on our Octavia are quite wirey and hold on to the gravel and dried grass like nothing I've seen before. This will cover what the rubber mats can't!

565061580.thumb.jpg.426f44bfbe2bb10641d1865261869bc1.jpg

About £20.

3) Rubber boot mat. Mine is a seven seater so I've read there are two sizes, one for the 5 and another for the 7 seater. Then there is one for a car with spare wheel, and one without. Does this mean there are four different sizes? Are all the genuine boot mats reversible i.e. carpet on one side, rubber on the other?

5963b06253c3f_KodiaqBootMat1jpg.jpg.0c28610afd99c3119ce684341507194d.thumb.jpg.a88da8e174af20e089b7ca48184a63c1.jpg

£65 ish.

4) Rear bumper protector. Our kids spend quite some time sat in the boot with their legs sticking out whilst we fit / remove welly boots, jackets, wipe noses etc. etc. The paint on the large 'stepped' rear bumper on our Octavia is already showing signs of wear. This brushed aluminium one should suit the Kodiaq Scouts chrome bumper trims nicely...

£40.

5) Rear window Mesh Blinds.

Again, we have these on the current car, they're great, tailored fit (no sucker pads on the glass) and the window can be wound up and down with them in place. Easily removable too.

Also a lot cheaper than the inbuilt ones available as a factory option too. They cover more of the glass too.

IMG_7216.JPG.eb9d895ab146d83e3002b341bbb8caaa.thumb.JPG.fa55f1b53fafb4cc98c1a0c5ed7f1dd5.JPG

£50 for the rear door windows, rear boot windows and rearmost boot window (5 pieces).

6) Front and rear mudflaps. On previous cars they haven't had much effect in keeping the car clean, but I do like the look of mudflaps, they finish the car off nicely. However, I'm going to have to wait until Skoda have finished modifying the front flaps, the current design is supposed to damage the inner wheelarch liner over time.

1489508143_565075111_w450_h400.jpg.46ce6ef14fa8b06e4454fd98395cd28f.jpg     1489508503_565075101_w450_h400.jpg.64cd3df5b8a6d5fad21e54cb7d55cb91.jpg

£20 per pair = £40.

And finally the most controversial, and expensive.

7) Side Bars. At £900 fitted Skoda must have been out on their Christmas party when they agreed on the price, but I think they look really smart. My little lad currently scrabbles over the painted sill on our current car to get in, these steps will make life easier for him and hopefully preserve the paint.

My dealer has promised to do me a really good deal on them once the car arrives, that'll be £895 then :D

565071691.jpg.3c7a3046ea8a482274eba7402a88a677.jpg

I'll use my £1,000 free fuel card for most of this though.

So £1,175 so far.

Oh and a touch-up pen! And I'll need some new feet for my Thule WingBars :sweat:

Argh, and a tow ball cover! Surprised you don't get one after spending £860 on the factory fit tow bar. However I wonder if when the tow bar is stored the tow ball ends up sitting upside down, therefore ensuring a tow ball cover would hold water, not ideal against exposed metal, greased or not. I'll need to wait until the car arrives. Only a fiver though.

PRO_SK100444.jpg.feed66763e406754cbfb41afdb3c922c.jpg

What did you all get fitted!?

Regards boot liner. I went for the amazon one .. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kodiaq-Boot-Liner-193293-Seater/dp/B073S8MP71

I have to say for the price it has been very good. Not reversible but the plastic is soft and fits the boot of our 7 seater perfectly ..

• Like 1

Nice, good price too!

I see the lip seems to sit quite high near the boot lid catch, is it a high as it is in the picture?

I'd be worried it might snag when sliding things in and out of the boot...

Picture1.jpg.541502c94a3c766e6ba56bbbd2b540b3.jpg

The lip is about 4cm and in real world scenario does not really hinder me getting stuff in. The advantage too is that it holds stuff in. The rubber is soft and deformable so can be squashed down and then bounces back. It also fits the side recesses to make use of the whole boot. I purchased on recommendation from the forums and have to say for 29 quid it is great value and a good product.

• Like 1

On 26/03/2018 at 13:33, KENT_FABIA said:

Anything to stop birda targerting my car which us 3 days old lol

IMG-20180326-WA0006.jpeg

A double barrelled 12 bore is generally most efficacious!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jasoncmiles said:

It also fits the side recesses to make use of the whole boot.

Good point, I'd not noticed that the genuine Skoda boot mat doesn't extend into the side recesses.

On 25/03/2018 at 21:22, silver1011 said:

£40

There’s not much rear bumper on show in a Kodiaq. I can’t see any paintwork when the boot lid is open.

Not like an Octavia for example. 

You're right.

MkIII Octavia...

skoda-octavia-estate-4x4-boot-space.thumb.jpg.8fb7b6315471627e33f5aaadc696e166.jpg

Kodiaq...

skoda-kodiaq-boot-02.jpg.b06c31a1f3b92323ca8c76151f5df99c.jpg

I'm a bit of a fan of the silvery bits that come with the Scout. On my previous Octavia I fitted the bumper protector, as much for aesthetics than the offered protection B)

IMG_8566.thumb.JPG.af0ce1628ee89bf6d82be5bab26c8ccf.JPG

I have those rubber mats and they are very good for keeping the car clean, you have 2 options:

- the deep ones are excellent for winter, but if you are higher than 185cm you will be able to bump your feet at those edges under the front seats when the seat it's pushed all the way back

- shallow ones (haven't tried them, should be good for the entire year, the deeper ones are very nice if you drag alot of snow in and it melts it stays on)

I wouldn't go for the sidebars if i were you. The car is realy low and all you will do it knock your feet against it and get your trousers dirty. The sidebars are only good on vehicles with 240+ mm ground clearance.

• Like 1

When you refer to the 'deep' and 'shallow' rubber floor mats, are you saying there are two types? I only thought there were these...

565061512-2.thumb.jpg.3601b2feabb12590eb3121cc61e082f8.jpg

Unfortunately I've got my heart set on the side steps...

I reckon'll I'll be able to step over them and avoid any 'soiled trouser' moments :D

Edited by silver1011

On 26/03/2018 at 13:33, KENT_FABIA said:

IMG-20180326-WA0006.jpeg

I carry a bottle of this around in the boot, it's the best stuff I've used for removing bird poo.

Screenshot_20180331-181139.jpg

36 minutes ago, Fin69 said:

I carry a bottle of this around in the boot, it's the best stuff I've used for removing bird poo.

I bought some of these for my saddle pack on my bike (great for cleaning crap of your hands if you have to sort chain/puncture/etc. out at the side of the road) - but it turns out they are also very good at cleaning bird droppings off the car.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clinell-Antibacterial-Hand-Wipes-Sachets/dp/B006H4R4D4

On 26.3.2018 at 15:33, KENT_FABIA said:

IMG-20180326-WA0006.jpeg

This is the best and only one I ever used for years: WUERTH WINDOW CLEANING FOAM, just a little spray dot on the birds s...t and you`ll see how the bird sh...t is boiling up, no kidding its just boiling, you`ll see,  just let one minute or couple of minute to do it`s job and VERY GENTLY WIPE all off with paper towel and that`s it! Your car is thanking you :)

WUERTH.jpg