[ALL SOLD] mk1 1U Octavia vRS 1.8T "stage 548729" parts

Mankee

I hate the "stage" thing, but these bits are from my "stage 2" 1.8T Octavia vRS, which made a smidge over 242bhp and 293lbft when it was mapped by R-tech. Unfortunately, a couple of major issues mean that the car is now being broken up for parts, some of which are TASTY, if I do say so myself. Hopefully someone/some people can make use of them. Oh, my location is Ipswich, Suffolk, in case I get one word posts saying "location?".

Dog bone/pendulum mount/torque link fitted with Vibra-Technics bits at both ends. Wasn't cheap like the Powerflex or Superpro bushes but I like VT's bits, especially as you can "tune" the mount using the supplied shims. I just went "full hard" 'cos I'm a double-'ard bar steward and never looked back. I didn't find the extra noise or vibration intrusive at all. Useful to help reduce wheel hop and keeping your engine in the right place when racing Toyota Priuses. (I don't race Priuses.) The four fixing bolts are included, although I strongly suggest buying new ones, as these are angle-tightened. I've got the original instructions and thinner shims so you can soften it up, in case you can't hack it. The small bush (VAG455B) retails at £39.22+VAT and the inserts (VAG450M) retail at £56.18+VAT. That's £114.48 for all you Rachel Rileys out there. And that's without postage or the donor dog bone mount. Or the Rachel Riley, which is a shame. £50 [SOLD]

SFS oversized intake pipe, R-tech/Pipercross filter, MAF sensor and new alloy joiner and silicone extension. I love this pipe, one of my favourite mods. It's big, red, girthy and knobbly. Bought this new from SFS, as well as the full set of seven Jubilee clips, which are still in great nick and haven't damaged the silicone. Massive fan of genuine Jubilees. Included is the genuine MAF sensor and a filter made to R-tech's spec by Pipercross. We found that this made a bit more power than my previous Carbonio CAI, so it stayed on. I've given it a rinse but not oiled. Can do this but it could make a bit of a mess during shipping. I've also got a new 70mm ID silicone extension and alloy joiner as I was going to move the filter closer to the inner wing, away from heat and make a shield to help isolate a supply of fresh cold air. Never got round to it sadly. SFS part number is AH15A. Can't seem to find anywhere that sells them nowadays. £150 [SOLD]

SAI blank. Brand new Creation Motorsport item for blanking the port on the side of the head where the combi valve thingy is. Again, never got round to removing mine, even though the SAI has been mapped out. £10 [SOLD]

Upgraded fuel pump and pot. OEM fitment and you don't have to wrestle with a fuelly, squeaky, plasticky pot and hoping the thing doesn't break like I did. Easy, drop-in replacement just under the back seat; just lift up the seat, undo three screws for the cover, disconnect 2x fuel lines and one plug, knock the locking ring about, put out the old pot and slap this one in. The original fuel pump can be included for FREE. I don't think there was anything wrong with it but I wanted everything to be spot on before the R-tech trip, rather than finding out the fuel pump couldn't hack it and wasting a several hundred miles round trip. The upgrade pump is a Sytec P3031.1 and the original a VDO. The pump itself isn't a lot to buy but I bet finding a good pump housing and gauge sender isn't that cheap, plus you'll have to swap over the internals yourself. £50 [SOLD]

Fuel rail with BAM injectors, 386cc. I had them ultrasonically cleaned before fitting. They've done about 40k miles and have been running the standard 3 bar regulator. No issues with fuelling during mapping, spray pattern etc. at my power level. Plenty of headroom for more fuel if required for bigger/modified turbo. £50 [SOLD]

Beach Buggy Turbo (BBT) 10 psi uprated wastegate actuator for K03/K03S. Another thing I upgraded in anticipation of my original actuator being worn out and not able to hold the gate shut at higher boost pressures. Minimal preload and careful mapping required. With just this actuator running wastegate pressure and no electronic boost control (i.e. N75 0% duty cycle), along with all the other bits, my car made over 217bhp and 229lbft. Bit of a git to attach to the turbo as I had to grind load of the bracket away, but it will be a straight "slap it on" for you. After you've disconnected the downpipe, removed the exhaust manifold and scraped your knuckles to high heaven. £50 [SOLD]

Ported standard exhaust manifold, for K03S and K03 turbos, and K03-based hybrids of course. I bought this manifold new and had a friend at Scholar Engines in Mendlesham, Suffolk gasket-match the turbo flange. I took out some of the material in the collector myself. Has covered 47684 miles on my car, all of which bar the first ~2000 miles have been on an R-tech stage 2 map, so has been treated nicely in terms of EGTs and there are no cracks around the flange faces. £60 [SOLD]

K03S turbo. For parts this one. Had done the full stretch of 154233 miles on my car, Mapped at stage 1 for the first ~10600 miles and, latterly, at stage 2 for the other ~48000 miles, so it's seen some action. So much action that the seals have gone and I had a few drips of oil on my drive, just above the O/S driveshaft oil seal. Play and end float in the turbine. Decent crack forming near the wastegate as well as the manifold flange, but all still felt OK. Could be useful for hybriding, modifying or just generally arsing around with. No wastegate actuator. £30 [SOLD]

***Intercooler and exhaust pics on page 2*** [no they're not, as they are now both SOLD]

Edited by Mankee
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I may take the THS, have to see what my funds are like next week (if it's still around). By the way, I was the one that took your old Carbonio CAI. Still in use today :cool:

Hey Dean. Wow! Blast from the not-too-distant past! Great to hear from you and that the Carbonio is still going strong. No probs on the THS intercooler. I've not had a chance to clean it all up yet as it's just in my garage (same house as before). But let me know how you get on next week. Cheers.

Hi mate how much can you do the fuel pump and housing, fuel rail, injectors and fpr posted? You dont have uprated coil packs do you? (Worth asking lol). My location is Newcastle upon tyne. Cheers

No uprated coil packs unfortunately. Never had the need for them! But mine are the latest versions and have caused me zero issues.

I can include delivery in the £100 asking price for the pumps, pot and complete fuel rail if you like? Just need to be careful of the float arm and smell of petrol! Although I think it's stopped smelling of petrol now.

Sounds like a plan to me fella :) if your happy to let them go that is. One last question though. I noted you said your breaking the car, you dont have poly bushed front arms do you or any tasty suspension? Im gradually trying to get the old girl up to scratch. Shes going through the usual old car phase of fix one thing, and another thing breaks lol. Ohohoh, you got a boost gauge and/or secondary lambda available? Sorry for questions

Ha, you nutter! OK, tasty springs and dampers are spoken for, no trick wishbones or anything, but I will have 25mm front and 28mm rear (I think) Neuspeed ARBs for sale once removed from the car, if of any interest?

No boost gauge but secondary lambda and MAF are listed above in the exhaust and SFS silicone intake pipe paragraphs, respectively. I would be happy separating these if you wanted the lambda and MAF.

You know what it is, im stupid, i was meant to say MAP sensor not MAF. Its got brand new N75j, Bosch MAF and had a brand new NGK secondary lambda but the numpty who fitted my steering rack left the wiring hangging down and by the time i noticed the damage was done, loom in pieces :( sad times. I have already fitted BAM injectors and fpr from a 1.8t cupra r with low mileage (40k before we upgraded to jolly greens and a perfomance inlet) but seals seem to be leaking. Cant work out if its the seats in the inlet mani (no pnvious cracks) or the lower o ring seals that have gone on injectors

. This car really does my head in but ive owned her for 8 years so not willing to give up on her yet :)

Doh on MAP/MAF sensor. No spare MAP sensor unfortunately. The one I have definitely has to stay with the intercooler.

Is your lambda wiring not repairable? I should be able to flog you my second lambda if you need it.

The ARBs will come off at some point in the future and I'll drop you a message then.

Edited by Mankee

As far as im aware the wiring cant be repaired easly as it will increase the impedance and alter the signal to ecu. I believe the only option would be to silver solder? Something i dont know anything about lol.

So then, ill take the fuel rail, injectors, fuel pump with housing, fpr and coil packs. Ill not bother with lambda as my car is decatted anyway and tbh ill be bunging it soon anyway. Do you have the N112 and N249 valves? Im fed up of replacing resistors lol

Cheers

Yeah, I think I still have the N112 and N249 valves actually, even though they've been mapped out. Do you need the vacuum reservoir that sits on the cam cover above one of the coil packs?

Tbh ill just be plugging them in mate and leaving them in situ. Gonna see if they will happily run without the use of resisitors. Ill just cap off their inlets and outlets. No need for reservior thanks. If you want to pm me your paypal addy ill get you sorted mate :)

Cheers 

• Administrators

Sorry Mankee, I'm going to have to pass on the THS, having to put the car in for a new thermo and a couple of wheel bearings which is costing the same amount :crying:. Sorry to mess you about!