How to check whether my car is on variable or fixed service and how long until next service?

Hi all,

I'm planning on servicing my car over the next couple of months, but is there a way to check whether it has been set as veriable/fixed servicing and when the next service is due.

It has the maxidot display if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

We need some more details on the age of car, as well as what type of on-board computer (Maxidot) you have fitted...

Maxidot.thumb.jpg.73e1c78f67c6f264a4a279b5a2dcbbd7.jpg

The above applies to the pre-facelift MkII Octavia only. It isn't as easy to tell on the facelift as both standard and Maxidot moved to the black and white display.

Regardless though the procedure for checking the miles and time to the next service is detailed in the manual.

Whilst it won't tell you which service regime your car is set to you might be able to determine for yourself based on the number of miles or days remaining. Anything over 10,000 miles / 365 days would suggest you are on variable / longlife...

Capture.JPG.c2240d345fc17dfeffd4c729d9c4149f.JPG

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, I did not realise the process was detailed in the manual, I will check that out.

I bought the car a few months ago (it's a 2007 with the black and white maxidot) and although I do have some service history (it was supposedly serviced in September but the handwriting on the paperwork is so hard to read) the oil looks pretty dirty to me so I am eager to service it myself sooner rather than later and then go with fixed servicing going forward.

I was just looking to find out what info I could beforehand.

Edited by mjgreen81

So what is it, a petrol or a diesel.

How many miles done now?

As well as the Oil & Filter you need to think about Servicing and Maintenance and longer period Service items.  Belts, Plugs, Fuel Filter. Brake Fluid change / servicing.

If no Invoices showing work or parts maybe treat as not been done, look at what needs doing as preventive servicing.