Rear emblem size

Hi. I'm new to the forum. Currently have a Race blue Octavia VRS estate. I have a Sportline Superb in Meteor grey on order and have been looking at a few after market bits on superskoda. The front emblem is available in black with the rear part colour coded to match the car. However I can't get the rear emblem to match. Does anyone know if the front will fit the back also? Or if the rear emblem from a fabia is the same as It is available in the style I want. 

Cheers guys

Mark

o3-znk-int-f7a.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

@Boxerdog1 Hi, does it fit 100% correct ? As far as i know there is a difference in both front and rear ones. The size afaik is the same but the shape of the emblem (curved) - is not the same.

In Superskoda site - it is written that the emblem is for front only.

I purchased the front and rear emblems from SuperSkoda for my car , I got the black Monte Carlo ones

i can confirm that the front emblem does have a curvature and is different to the rear, when I got them delivered they were clearly marked as front or rear

Hope  this helps 

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 14/02/2019 at 13:19, Darners69 said:

I purchased the front and rear emblems from SuperSkoda for my car , I got the black Monte Carlo ones

i can confirm that the front emblem does have a curvature and is different to the rear, when I got them delivered they were clearly marked as front or rear

Hope  this helps 

I have a mark III estate sportline - will the front emblem fit the rear? Are they the same? Did you repalce the skoda and superb to black as well?

1 hour ago, superbeire said:

I have a mark III estate sportline - will the front emblem fit the rear? Are they the same? Did you repalce the skoda and superb to black as well?

Hi, I removed the Skoda and Superb badges and just replaced the Emblem's 

Not sure if Front one will fit on the rear (sorry)

3 minutes ago, superbeire said:

WERE THERE ANY MARKS AFTER REMOVING LEFT BEHIND AFTER REMOVING BADGES

Not if you are careful, I just heated gently with a hair dryer to loosen the adhesive , just make sure you keep the heat source moving and not too close, they then removed easily 

3 hours ago, superbeire said:

Yes it fits, no need to go full black with Monte Carlo emblems if you don't like them,  (I didn't, they looked too aftermarket for my taste).

Many people, myself included have installed the FRONT Superskoda emblem on the rear too and it fits fine, it's the same diameter and IF there is some difference in curvature it is impossible to tell by naked eye, FRONT emblem on front and rear looks 100% OEM, no idea why Superskoda differentiate them.

IMG_20200618_170917-2.thumb.jpg.eff60d599d0b802e96e8e8235c714cef.jpg

If you take some care during removal and don't rush it there won't be any marks.

Use a plastic prying tool and my advice is to put a soft cloth between the tool and the body of the car to avoid scratches. Heat up the original emblem, then work your way in a circular movement, getting closer to the center as you go. 

Continue to heat the emblem if it's getting hard to move towards the center. After removal, clean the glue residue with stuff like tar remover.

Edited by newbie69

5 minutes ago, superbeire said:

I notice you got the emblem with the matching back ground colour.  Is the background colour exact match would you say?

Absolutely, that's the whole attraction of those badges really, the perfect colour matching background.

As you can see on Superskoda, next to each emblem's name there is a 3-digit code in parentheses, (for Carbon Steel Grey it's: F7Y), this code is the official paint code Skoda uses too so it's exactly the same tone.

11 minutes ago, superbeire said:

Ok thanks. Mine is a business grey. They do not appear to do this colour at superskoda

That sounded weird so I had a look and apparently you got the 1 colour out of the 23 available which they don't show in the pictures but...

if you use the drop-down menu you'll find it there! what are the odds right?  :D

image.thumb.png.7f110578558a08faaa24af7c3e69730b.png

21 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

That sounded weird so I had a look and apparently you got the 1 colour out of the 23 available which they don't show in the pictures but...

if you use the drop-down menu you'll find it there! what are the odds right?  :D

image.thumb.png.7f110578558a08faaa24af7c3e69730b.png

Thanks for that.  You reckon ordering a front one for the back will work ok?  

• 7 months later...

I bought from Superskoda an F7A (meteor grey) perfect. Trouble is I now need another and its killing me to have to spend 56 euros ( 44.99 plus 0.84 for using PayPal and then 9.99 euros postage) 

any alternative suppliers out there? 

Found a Dragon Green and a Blue on ebay (UK seller) at £12.50 and obviously asked them but no.