Water in foot well

Just found water in rear passenger foot well. No sign of a leak seats are dry, roof lining is dry, seals all in good order it is just in the foot well. It is possible that I have left a window partly open during recent rain but not aware of this. Is there anywhere else it could have come from?

Unusual to hear of water ingress in rear....several reports of water in front footwell (sunroof, blocked scuttle drainage etc.) but not in the rear. Spilt water, open window or maybe a rear passenger did not like your driving too much.... :D

Be interested to hear what others think....

Dave....

• Haha 1

LOL, could be I scared the 'water' out of them.

Managed to suck the water out with a carpet cleaner using the upholstery attachment. Was surprised at how much there was but I am beginning to think the window was partly open and we have had some very heavy rain recently. I shall keep an eye on it after the next rain - don't think I will have long to wait!

You could try and replicate it by driving through a carwash and if that fails go through again with the window partly open.

I had this issue on a VW Bora I had years ago. It turned out to be the plastic sheet that covers the door under the door card had come away. Stuck it back down and put the door card back on and it was fine.

Ive had water coming in the passenger footwell of my Superb like many others on here. Mine was due to water getting in via the open screw hole for the wipers if the car was LHD. Filled it full of sealant and its been fine.

19 hours ago, Wizzmed said:

I had this issue on a VW Bora I had years ago. It turned out to be the plastic sheet that covers the door under the door card had come away. Stuck it back down and put the door card back on and it was fine.

Ive had water coming in the passenger footwell of my Superb like many others on here. Mine was due to water getting in via the open screw hole for the wipers if the car was LHD. Filled it full of sealant and its been fine.

Just tried a watering can to see if any gets in and it has stayed dry - looks like I left a window down :crying:

• Like 1

OK had some heavy rain and more water has got in overnight. Window deffo not open. How do I get the door card off to check the plastic cover on the inside of the door. Don't want to break and clips etc.