Bumper Protective Strip Adhesive Sealant

Is the sealant applied around the edges? My experience on another car was that washing the tailgate caused water with dirt and grit to collect under the strip that would then slowly drain over the next hour leaving dirt streaks. 

I had a Superskoda bumper protector on our old Octavia Scout, I used the 3M tape supplied, no sealant supplied, and never had any issues in almost 8 years...

IMG_8566.thumb.JPG.af0ce1628ee89bf6d82be5bab26c8ccf.JPG

On 08/04/2018 at 07:59, Tibbsy said:

Hi, have received stainless steel rear bumper panel from superskoda.com but didn't order the adhesive sealant Terostat MS960 used to fit. :sadsmile:Can anyone recommend an equivalent easily purchased in the UK?

I did the same :wacko:

I haven't fitted it yet as the instructions say something like you’ve got to leave it in a temperature environment of something like 18deg for 24 hours! Presume that is for their Terostat to work properly. 

Can you you post a link to the ECP adhesive you’ve used? Or name it?

Cheers,

Ivan. 

I fitted mine (Purchased from TPS, no instructions supplied, just in a bag) using just the supplied tape.  As seen in the image, its fairly lousy around the edges and the corners lift slightly - There's curvature on the outside edge of the bumper that probably doesnt help.  The edges are also razor sharp.  Having not seen the instructions, I presume the tape is there just to hold it while the general adhesive sets and provides a total seal?   As it is, its just going to let water pool underneath?   Overall its decorative but fairly useless in totally protecting the lip.  There's 12mm exposed on the outer edge and from the rubber to the strip there's a 30mm (at the ends) to 36mm gap (centre).  I think having a brushed finish would have been more suitable in not highlighting every minor scratch, after all, that's what its there to take...

20180408_121740.jpg

20180415_142439.jpg

Edited by nodigital