Bolero replacement

Hi, I am in the process of buying a superb se. The dealer was getting the car sorted / serviced etc and it seems that the bolero has blown and needs to replacing. Can a bolero from other Skoda cars be used with a facia adapter?

If you can find a fascia adaptor to fit your car then yes, one from a Yeti or an Octavia can be used. But I doubt you'll be able to find an adaptor suitable, as there isn't one factory fitted that fits the different Bolero shape.

To be done right you need the correct shape Bolero fitting and coding correctly. Fitting one which isn't correct for your car is difficult and unnecessary.

Like I said, the Bolero fitted to your car is a specific shape just for the Superb (possibly the Mk2 Fabia also but I'm not sure) so there isn't a fascia to make a different Bolero fit. If there was then doubtless they would've fitted the same shape Bolero to all the cars rather than manufacturing a specific shaped one.

• Like 1

There are many such units. However, I would seriously consider getting them to fit a standard unit, then buying an aftermarket one yourself. That way when you sell the car you can return it to standard and retain its full functionality. And I wouldn't like to trust a car dealers to fit an aftermarket unit correctly and to your satisfaction just so that they can sell you a car. It'll be the cheapest quickest fix to get you out the door with whatever unit they can buy the cheapest off Ebay.

• Like 1

They won't be going to TPS, they'll be going to Ebay. Something like this one I guess, although there'll doubtless be cheaper ones if I were to look. Again, irrespective of what you and they agree, there'll doubtless be an issue with either them buying the wrong one  or bullocking the fitting somehow. Then they'll wash their hands of it once they have your money.

But if you feel that's the best way forward then crack on I guess.