5 days to go

Well time has gone pretty quickly since I ordered my superb sportline 220dsg and it shall be mine on Wednesday. 

Getting bit giddy now. 

Looking forward to going back to petrol after 12 years of diesel ownership. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, flyingpigvrs said:

Well time has gone pretty quickly since I ordered my superb sportline 220dsg and it shall be mine on Wednesday. 

Getting bit giddy now. 

Looking forward to going back to petrol after 12 years of diesel ownership. 

Will you be fitting Covert Blues and two's.............................?

21 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

The 220 TSI is a fabulous engine I'm sure you'll love it. 

What colour did you go for?  Not long now :)

Quartz grey......I initially went with dragon skin green but bottled it half way through the order!

18 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Will you be fitting Covert Blues and two's.............................?

Hmmm, a box of doughnuts to the right people should see me right ;)

3 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Congratulations. One thing - did you spec the wireless charging box? If so, it's worth looking at this thread and maybe contacting your dealer. 

I didn't, but I did consider it.

So glad I changed my mind now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flyingpigvrs said:

Quartz grey......I initially went with dragon skin green but bottled it half way through the order!

Hmmm, a box of doughnuts to the right people should see me right ;)

I didn't, but I did consider it.

So glad I changed my mind now. 

Quartz Grey is brilliant (but I am biased!):) Agree - get some pics up when you get it.

Glad to hear you won't be held up by the charging box problem. Hope it gets sorted soon for those who are.

Enjoy the loooooooooooooong weekend...:biggrin:

Just now, BriskodaJeff said:

Quartz Grey is brilliant (but I am biased!):) Agree - get some pics up when you get it.

Glad to hear you won't be held up by the charging box problem. Hope it gets sorted soon for those who are.

Enjoy the loooooooooooooong weekend...:biggrin:

I'll definitely post some pics when I get it. 

I'm on nights all weekend so it'll probably go pretty quickly. 

It'll be Monday and Tuesday that drag. 

BCA are inspecting my Octavia on Tuesday then collecting it on the Wednesday, it's going back a month early as my superb has been sat waiting for me since march. 

The current lease has been settled with the last payment this month so they can have it back.

Is it Wednesday yet?! :)

• Haha 1

Well BCA have just been to inspect my Octavia Vrs prior to it being collected tomorrow. 

I knew there was a few things wrong mainly alloy wheel scuffs, new tyre needed due to side wall cut and a dent caused by some scumbag with a shopping trolley. 

All in all I'm pleasently surprised with their charges. 

3 X alloy wheel rufurbs £36 per wheel.  I'd been quoted £90 per wheel when I was going to get it done myself. 

New tyre £136. I paid £130 per tyre last time I had them replaced. 

The dent was charged at £138 and another small dent he found along the roofline which was charged at £36. 

The most annoying thing is he's charged me £27 for cleaning the vehicle as he said the carpets are heavily soiled. They're not it just needs a hoover. My own fault, I should have cleaned it prior to inspection.  

Total charges £444

All in all I'm reasonably ok with the charges. I knew I was getting stung for at least 2 alloys, would have cost me £270 just for 3 wheels and then there's the tyre and sent that I knew about. Had I had it all sorted prior to inspection it would have cost me more than £444 but more importantly to me is the time it would have taken me to sort it out. Hassle I don't need. 

Role on tomorrow when they collect it and I get my new whip! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hwr1983 said:

If you clean the carpets in the mean time does the charge for that bit still stand?

I didn't ask but that's exactly what I'm going to do. 

I've got to empty the car so I'm going to give it a vac.  We'll see.