Oh dear. EPC

Zengt12

Driving home 2 days ago. In 2nd gear suddenly there was a warning. EPC-Engine restricted to 1500 rpm. Car went into limp mode at 5 mph. Had to drive about a mile before I could turn off safely. Turned off engine waited a couple of minutes and restarted. Engine reset itself back to normal. Got it to my nearest main dealer and today got it back with a software update. The car is only one month old. This is my first VAG vehicle so not too impressed now!

I dont think they do much real world testing. Otherwise they would know the issues before being released. Look at the hot phone box issue with them. They have stopped installing it 

I was told the software update would also stop the revs dropping when starting off. This has been annoying from day 1 where the car kangaroos forward.

Edited by Zengt12
Spelling

Zengt12, 

have you had a clear explanation from the Dealerships Master Tech and something in writing, and have they conformed the issue was nothing to do with the vehicle being PDI's and the Transit settings being changed?

Best get in writing from the Dealership and the Warranty Provider the facts behind the need for a Software Update at this time.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us 

?

What were the miles showing on the car at handover, 

and what is your Service Indicator set on, Variable / flexible servicing as it left the factory or is it on Fixed Servicing, 9,400 miles / 372 days.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes 

Edited by Offski

Spoke to 2 technicians. I don't know if one was master tech. Dealer contacted Skoda Technical and Skoda downloaded updated software to dealer. No mention was made of PDI or transit setting. Mileage on handover to me was 13 miles. There is a date in engine bay 12 02.18. The car still kangaroos although the revs don''t drop so much. See the pix for service indicator20180421_143611.thumb.jpg.5f7335cfe2d172692dc80ebf3db61812.jpg

20180421_134753.jpg

How many miles has your car done now and when did you collect it,

Is that 1,202 miles.

You do not have a 1.6 TDI.   Is that what that shows?? 

Odd mistake that.

i hope at no point someone at the dealership put diesel in your tank...before stopping and continuing with petrol.

PS

I see you said you filled up 12 days ago with BP Unleaded and have 1/4 tank left showing, 

how many miles is that then since filling up, and was that the first fuel you put in?

Edited by Offski

It was only this morning I read the service report again.It says make & model:

Karoq 1.6 TDI SE 5Dr DSG Estat'  

But my car is a Karoq 1.5 TSI SE Tech Manual ! The dealer who serviced it is not the suppying dealer. I have a lease car. I presume these details are on the Skoda UK/Czech database

20180421_143623.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Offski said:

Is that 1,202 miles.

You do not have a 1.4 TDI.   Is that what that shows?? 

Odd mistake that.

i hope at no point someone at the dealership put diesel in your tank...before stopping and continuing with petrol.

Yes 1,202 miles. I have now done 1221 miles. The car was delivered on a transporter to my home as dealer had another vehicle to deliver in same area that day. By the way the handover was very good!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Offski said:

Is that 1,202 miles.

You do not have a 1.6 TDI.   Is that what that shows?? 

Odd mistake that.

PS

I see you said you filled up 12 days ago with BP Unleaded and have 1/4 tank left showing, 

how many miles is that then since filling up, and was that the first fuel you put in?

380 miles since filling up. I filled up fully once before soon after I got car and think in total I have put fuel in 4 times altogether.

31 minutes ago, Offski said:

Do you mean the Dealer that is dealing with the issue is not the supplying dealer or the one that did the PDI.

How many miles have you done since putting in the full tank?

Yes the dealer dealing with issue is not the suppying dealer.

• Like 1

On Saturday my EPC light came on and 1.5 edition went into limp mode with 170 miles on the clock (4 days old), the engine was constantly revving to 1200rpm then back down  again, the roadside technician that came out said “wow that’s a record” (170miles) and said the faith was on accelerator circuit, basically it was explained that modern cars don’t have a throttle cable connected to the carburettor an electronic valve now does this job and this was not working properly, he managed to get my car to stop 5he revving and as we were were passing the dealership it would be easier to return it rather than wait for recovery and then wait for a replacement courtesy car, the dealings with the dealer is another story that ‘s maybe for another time but I will keep people updated as to what happens with my karoq and the fault.

0aa0Hi Merv1419. It's weird what is happening. Would'nt suprise me if this happens to others. Is yours a manual? Does yours pull away smootly from standstill and do the revs drop like mine?

Hi, no mate, mines a DSG but when sat at junctions/ roundabouts and want to pull away there seems to be a definite lag then it sets off I put this down to the auto but now not too sure!!!

Anyone got any ideas??

1 hour ago, Merv1419 said:

Hi, no mate, mines a DSG but when sat at junctions/ roundabouts and want to pull away there seems to be a definite lag then it sets off I put this down to the auto but now not too sure!!!

Anyone got any ideas??

Could it be the auto handbrake? Takes a bit of a shove to disengage. Try disabling auto brake and see if that helps? 

Ok guys got my car back on Wednesday, it was a sticking valve on injectors, engineers said they free’d it but replaced it anyway and has been fine since, still not happy this happened but at the end of the day it’s a machine and things fail!!!!

I hope this is a one off as I love the car.