Medal goes to Škoda, Worst customer care ever :(

after 20+ service visits in last two years i have send letter to Bernhard Maier
Headquarter of Škoda-Auto
GB_Skoda_160122-Bernhard-Maier-2-960x1440.jpg

OT: read the title of link where i found photo :)
https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/people/progress-begins-in-peoples-minds/attachment/gb_skoda_160122-bernhard-maier-2/

Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2018 11:44 AM
Subject: Complaint concerning vehicle ŠKODA Superb Sty

Dear Mr. Bernhard Maier

Can you please explain why manufacturing faults are fixed for free in other countries,

but Latvian Karlo Motors(previous) and Green Motors(current) demand payment?

My car has numerous well documented/known faults that are repaired under warranty in other territories so why is Latvia(EU) different?

Please look at the following pictures where the rear air vent adjuster has broken away:

171101_00_20p.thumb.jpg.f7be5d440f8395ac9cdf1adc38a2cec2.jpg

171104_175228_50p.thumb.jpg.91339c186d5f94f3fc9047eebf2c41f1.jpg

This particular fault raises very serious health and safety issues… especially for younger passengers.

Another hugely annoying fault is the apparently unsolvable noises from the car suspension.

The dealer has accepted there is a problem and tried swapping the shock absorbers around which did not fix the problem.

One week later they replaced an individual shock absorber and again this did not work.

For some reason the dealer claims this is all they can do and I am stuck with a rattling €40,000 vehicle

and forced to listen to this horrible soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS7UyS6cbyY

i carefully follow information related my model of car on British and Russian forums and have seen reports about solution does exist

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/384277-noise-in-rear-suspension/?page=14&tab=comments#comment-4995843

another suggestion, if current type of suspension isn't well developed for awful Riga roads maybe there can be added Rough Road Package?

following video has been took in the heart of capital city of Latvia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoGBQturrEw

I noticed that there was a software update issued in the summer of 2016 to correct the problem of the Start-Stop indicator obscuring the Drive Mode/Gear indicator on the Maxidot display.

For some reason this update is not available for cars produced just a few months earlier so I’m now stuck with this problem even though a fix is available.

The following images show the issue:

my 2016.03

161212.png.63a32ee5c8f48f799ddf332cc9f5ce28.png

corrections met on 2016.06

161212_2016_06.png.9ddc70c508abcfab43eca6af21847e46.png

https://www.drive2.com/l/488404990277189880/

I’m currently detailing the issues and getting a great deal of help and information from various European Skoda owner forums and websites,

but I would really appreciate some assistance from you and/or from ŠKODA Latvija.

I have other issues with the car, but I would like to resolve these problems first.

Thanks

Škoda Superb III 2.0TSI 220ps DSG6

TMBAD9NP6G7xxxxxx

first answer came fastly

Sent: Friday, March 2, 2018 11:47 AM
Subject: Your e-mail of 01.03.2018 sent to SKODA Headquarters

Dear Mr. B,

We would like to refer to your e-mail of the 01.03.2018  in which you express your dissatisfaction with your ŠKODA, the broken rear air vent and the car suspension noise.

To process your complaint, we have passed over your complaint to our importer in Latvia and asked to review it with the high priority.

Thanks you very much for your kind understanding.

Best regards

Jana Harms, VAT/2 – Péče o zákazníka / Customer Care / Kundenbetreuung
ŠKODA AUTO a.s., Tř. Václava Klementa 869, 293 60 Mladá Boleslav, Czech Republic

[email protected], www.skoda-auto.cz , www.skoda-auto.com

after 3 weeks of waiting asked again when i will receive call from Škoda

and got this answer

Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 3:18 PM
Subject: FW: Complaint concerning vehicle ŠKODA Superb Sty

Dear Mr. B,

we thank you for your another e-mail addressed to our Headquarters.

We regret very much that you are still having difficulties with the product ŠKODA.

We understand your emotions. Nevertheless we would like to inform you that the respective authorized ŠKODA importer in your country – Karlo Motors – is responsible to resolve your complaint.

For that reason we have passed your query to the importer once again and we asked him to contact you immediately.

Please be advised that the next steps in solving of your complaint will be coordinated by Karlo Motors.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Yours faithfully

Diana Jiřičná – Customer Care
ŠKODA AUTO a.s., Tř. Václava Klementa 869, 293 60 Mladá Boleslav, Czech Republic
T +420 326 8 16111,
[email protected]

www.skoda-auto.com

immediately sent them question

Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 4:09 PM
Subject: RE: Complaint concerning vehicle ŠKODA Superb Sty

Thanks for answer!

have you been informed about Škoda's importer and dealers swap in last year?
Karlo Motors, where i bought the car, now is official daaler of Citroen
https://karlomotors.lv/lv/karlomotors/par-mums

Škoda's current importer is Auto 100 http://www.skodalatvia.lv/
and current dealer is Green Motors http://www.greenmotors.lv/

and that can be point of the problem,
seller, Karlo Motors, not interested in keep good condition of Škoda's brand name
but new dealer, Green Motors, not responsible of cars sold by previous dealer

MB

no more answers received :(

• Sad 1

Watching with interest to see how your problems get resolved.

Are there any other options open to you depending on if you partially used a credit card or had some sort of finance as that (in the UK anyway) would make them jointly liable.

That's just horrible. I must say in Slovenia dealers are not exactly any better. However I don't understand why new dealer wouldn't handle your car? Here any official dealer can repair the car (Slovenia)?
I went from one to anther to anther... All though so far they just ****ed me offf more and more. Till I came to Kass Auto Ptuj (about 30km away), they seem to have much more interest into repairing the car. Got scheduled in less than 1 week (when I came to them).

P.S.: My plan is same as yours Martin, If they dont fix it i'm going to do it my self. I was thinking to sell the car and get another one but not prepared to lose so much money over just 3 things that can be done else where. But what about warranty

Edited by JackySi

my rear vent broke too - came off in my oldest son's fingers - thankfully he is old enough not to put in his mouth - but others may not be lucky. i gave my son a telling off, accusing him of breaking it, but then saw it appeared to be common. skoda uk agreed to replace mine under warranty last year.

agree with you about the poor customer care from Skoda - Skoda UK and my local dealer are pretty poor compared to another brand which i've had for 15+ years prior to the skoda. the service desk of my local dealer is just damn right rude. i've just dropped my car off today. the general feeling i get is that the customer is a pain in the ass. thankfully i'm at the Voluntary Termination point on my Skoda finance so will be getting rid of mine over the next few weeks.

i emailed the UK Director - Rod Mcleod last week about my views and to explain why i am terminating and will not buy another Skoda (or VW, Seat or Audi). i received a reply 40 minutes later saying he'd read it, and was passing it to Customer Relations who i received a call from 21 hours later - i missed their call, so called them back, but still now awaiting their return call to discuss my issues and problems.

i almost changed my 2015 SE-L Superb for a new Sportline or Kodiaq last November when mine was 2 years old - but decided to keep for another 12 months as i'd have needed to put more cash into the deal than i had wanted. i explained to Rod that due to my poor service that won't happen so they have lost another £31000+ sale, and that as i am Voluntary Terminating (UK Consumers Rights when 50% of finance agreement paid) they will lose approximately £2000-2500 based on the current trade in value of my current car against the finance outstanding on the contract. Just wanted them to see what poor customer service will cost them from one customer.

Did you pay for any of yours on a credit card? in the UK we have Consumer Laws which means if we pay more than £100 on a Credit Card, the Credit Card company is jointly liable for the fault - called a "Section 75" - so even if only £100 of the £31000 price was paid on a card, the card is liable too.

I have now lined up a new Volvo V90 R-Design on a PCH which is £40 per month cheaper than my Superb and no upfront payments. 

Good luck sorting your problems. 

• Thanks 1

skodarog - I've tried without success to get Rod McLeod's email address.  You couldn't PM it me please? 

I'm trying to escalate a car rejection - Superb Estate SE L 4x4 150PS 6 speed manual.  The dealer is supportive of the rejection but I'm in a VWFS process that can take 8 weeks to resolve!  I'd like to let Rod know exactly how I feel about this.

5 hours ago, MarlboroLites said:

skodarog - I've tried without success to get Rod McLeod's email address.  You couldn't PM it me please? 

I'm trying to escalate a car rejection - Superb Estate SE L 4x4 150PS 6 speed manual.  The dealer is supportive of the rejection but I'm in a VWFS process that can take 8 weeks to resolve!  I'd like to let Rod know exactly how I feel about this.

just PM'd you his contact details. it took a bit of trail and error to find the correct email format, but after success i received a reply from his PA and then a call from Customer Relations the following day. 

i have to add that the lady i've been speaking with at Customer Relations spent around 40 mins on the phone with me initially, and then another 10 mins after she'd spoken with my local dealer. Have to say that whilst my issue is not resolved, its nice to have a someone taking ownership of resolving it.

hopefully she sorts your problem.

Little update to my issues. Dealer fixed every thing but rear suspension rattle. They said they can't find the source of the noise. I asked about cost to replace rear shocks with new and its about 800€ for both. If that's not the issue they're prepared to cover the cost of workforce. If its the issue, they will claim it as warranty from Skoda. But they can not guarantee anything and they can not find the source. 

I'm thinking what to do since they can't find the source its really hard choice. Also today first time I heard the sound from rear after front tires drove into pothole. 

^^^

too huge price for lottery :(
how about alternative way, move away from Sachs to Bilstein, Koni or Eibach
but then we have to say goodbye for DCC

• Like 1

yesterday had to visit dealer with new problem,
stuck dynamic rds text

but before that i prepared and printed out answers from Škoda's global support,
dealer agreed review previous complaints and, hurrah, accepted replace another front shock absorber

BUT, completely rejected warranty repair for rear air vent, their conclusion is, it has been kicked
where this looks as kicked?!

171101_00_20p.thumb.jpg.9c2331405be3acc488f8d27d0622bab4.jpg

later i made screenshots from BriSkoda and Drive2, to prove i'm not unique and how does look kicked one
and sent them by e-mail
but they suggested not read much forms cause Skoda Auto official resources gives there only one answer - REJECT

@Coops

BriSkoda_Coops_170820.thumb.jpg.aee9be471be75f60865c484e29237094.jpg

@skodarog

BriSkoda_Skodarog_170831.thumb.jpg.58a724f159e41f299430a9155b40299a.jpg

@xman

BriSkoda_Xman_180103.thumb.jpg.f4b5a682a8895532953afe7a93fa8f97.jpg

@JoeWaschl

https://www.drive2.ru/l/486906905684345349/?m=486941815178526771&page=0#a486941815178526771

Drive2_JoeWaschl_171101_GoogleTranslated.jpg.80fc93bf8d4d74d60f0f92e4fe8b0a4f.jpg