Water leak in cabin

Hi all,   I have just bought my first Superb, high mileage but FSH, it has rained today and I have found water on the passenger side, before I start tearing the glove box out to try and find the leak, are there any drains that might be blocked, or has anyone come across this before. Could it be coming in through the pollen filter housing?

Thanks in advance.

20180424_172219[1].jpg

Do you have a panoramic roof? Could be the drains for that - I’m sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be around - although there are probably a few posts about it too :)

There is quite a bit about this problem on this forum. I had the same on my car a few months back. It was worse with the car pointed slightly up hill. I checked the drains and even removed the wheel arch but it still came in. Turned out to be a screw hole where the wiper would be if the car was left hand drive. I filled the hole with some silicone and the car has been fine since.

Here is an image I found on a previous post on this forum.

Screenshot_2018-03-10-18-24-12.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, pablomax said:

that's crazy! Must have driven you mad tracking that down.

Yep. Even considered changing the car because of it. To be fair it is the only fault Ive had in 70k so I cant complain.

• 2 years later...

I have a 2012 Superb estate and i have exactly the same issue.  In fact it became so bad that the passenger side footwell was waterlogged and as the floor is double skinned, the void filled up too.  The first related issue was that i would go tot he car in the morning and the battery would be dead flat - not enough juice to unlock the car so, i had to access manually.  Next thing I noticed was, that the passenger heated seat would be on when the switch was off and later, a smell of burning cable insulation from the connectors for the seat adjusters. I wet-vacced well over 5 litres of water out of the carpets and they're still wet - because of the water in the void.  I had a new screen fitted - damaged so unrelated - I thought the leak may have been from the corner of the screen but the chap doing the job said he'd seen loads of issues like mine on these and other makes and, it was most likely the drain pipe.  Here's the link that I've sent my mechanic - it's for a Yeti but i'm told on this site that it's good enough to do the job.
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/294146-leaking-panoramic-sunroof-have-a-look-here/?tab=comments#comment-3494177

• 2 years later...

Had same issue, under the hole,the  round thing was full of water, this then overflows into the air intake for the heater. I put in a bolt with PTFE tape and then silicone over the top. Seems to have solved the issue, hopefully this can help someone else?

IMG_20230715_185953.jpg

My 2015 Mk2 had this leak from new, leaked in via the intake and dripped throught the bottom of the blower motor, dealer fixed with with sealant IIRC but never saw the repair.