O/s rear light cluster

Evening all.

was told today that my o/s brake light was out. Just got back from Halfords with a new bulb, fitted it,   Put the cluster back, but when i tested it it looks slightly dimmer compared to the n/s.

i put the rear lights on and it seems that its not just the brake light, but the whole o/s cluster that seems slightly dimmer than the n/s.

any thoughts good people?

Thanks in advance.

Do you have the right bulbs?

The brake light is a 382 bulb. (12v 21watt, single filament).

The tail/fog bulbs are 566 (12v 21/4 watt). These have offset pins.

sed455.jpg

When I first got my car I found that someome had stuffed the wrong bulbs in the tail/fog holders.

Thanks mate, that must be the answer. I checked on the Halfords computer, put in my reg number and it came up with all the bulbs.

it said for the brake light that its the 566 21/4w bulb. When i got it out the pack i saw it was a double filiment and wondered why. And the old one was too so i thought it must be right, but it was a right pig to fit.

Halfords have obviously got it wrong. I will get the right one tomorrow.

thanks for your help, much app:biggrin:reciated 

Use this info in future, for fuses as well as bulbs. Halfords and ECP reg look ups seem to be similarly rubbish, just listing almost everything they sell.

Halfords do actually list the right bulb, but as "Brake bulb alt" further down the page. Maybe email them and ask them to change the first (566) result to "brake bulb incorrect" and the second (382) one to "brake bulb correct"? :) 

Edited by Wino

Well ive been to Halfords and got a 382 12v 21 watt bulb, fitted it and it worked a treat.

thanks to u both and i informed Halfords about the mix up, but it was a fella called Robert i spoke to and he didnt seem the sharpest knife in the drawer, so i may have to email them.

thanks again.

• Like 1