Duplicte contact telephone numbers due to WhatsApp

Is there any way of stopping my mobile phone contacts having the WhatsApp number (which is the same number) being copied over to my stereo unit from the mobile. Very frustrating when ringing people and voice command says there are more than 1 number for this contact

What phone, what headunit (Bolero, Amundsen or Columbus) & what age (MIB1/MIB2) ?

This doesnt happen in my Columbus MIB1, I see only the contacts "real" telephone numbers nothing from WhatsApp or Skype.

I think I found a solution. I installed "duplicate contacts" from google playstore and managed to erase 17 contacts that were the same contacts that apeared duplicated in the bolero. Later I will get in the car and I'll tell you something guys. I hope this will solve the issue. Crossed fingers

1 hour ago, fireman said:

Ha sorry. Right head unit doent have sat nav so not sure what its called. Phone is lgg5 and the car is a octavia vrs and first of mk3 2013

Thanks

So I think you have the Bolero (MIB1).

I have the LG G5se and have no problems with this.

The contacts on the head unit are a copy of what you have in the "contacts" application on your phone.

Can you check like Nemauson that you dont actually have duplicate contacts, one real contact & another with the same name created by WhatsApp?

you can also see this if you log into Gmail & select the "contacts" view.

Here Google have a nice option telling you how many "duplicate" contacts it thinks you have & lets you automatically merge them into single contacts.

No its not a duplicate contact thing on my phone as where I don't have a WhatsApp contact like a contact with just a land line or a works phone that doesn't have What's app then these numbers don't duplicate in the head unit. That's why I know its because all my whatsapp contacts are just duplicated in the head unit as another number even though they are the same. If that makes sense