engine issue??

OK most like not going to like the answer but here goes, last couple months I am driving along varying speed and I get what can only be discribe as loss of power. It only happens for micro seconds. Almost like if you were foot to floor and you then let foot of. It pulls back, less than second then its ok.

It sems to be getting more frequent and is worrying as just out of warranty.

Has anyone had this and what it may be i am worried turbo is playing up 2014 VRS diesel model, 40K on clock.

On from this they asked me if I want ed to extend warranty which i forgot about, has anyone actually done it a couple of months later. Or is that it if you miss it you cant pick it up latter. Was just wondering as if it is turbo then be cheaper through warranty lol

Hope this makes sense.

I have not got it on diagnostic with skoda yet as they only do it in the week and I have no time in week.

Any answers greatfully received

i think i know what you mean, around 1500 - 1800 rpm, light throttle,  its just feels dead momentarily but then (sometimes abruptly) picks up. mine has always done it from time to time. then i fitted a spider tuning box and it did it less (or i didnt notice it as much as i was enjoying the heavier right foot action.  however i began  to notice it more often again and spoke with the spider tuning people who suggested changing the setting on the box. problem solved and the power delivery is also improved and more linear.  

when i mentioned it to the dealer they did the diagnostics but as the computer said there was no problem then there cannot possibly be a problem can there - just confirmed my low opinion of the dealer and my decision not to purchase another vehicle from them

Edited by johnrowley

DSG? May just be it changing gear, ypu putting you foot down and then not changing gear? Pretty common on DSG and sounds familiar. Not really and issue, just a computer not being as clever as a human?

Just now, MeteorOcty said:

DSG? May just be it changing gear, ypu putting you foot down and then not changing gear? Pretty common on DSG and sounds familiar. Not really and issue, just a computer not being as clever as a human?

mine is standard box, its very strange just know its getting worse. i can be sitting at 2k revs, then blip it pulls back for micro second then all is ok again. I wondered if it only happened when cold but no its not that. Just bit unnerving when its starting to happen more it can do it then 2 mins later do it again then nothing till another day. if you just let your foot of accelerator your car keeps moving to certian extent this is a pull back you can feel it

Does it do it in all modes? Eco/Normal/VRS

Mine did it in normal mode, but not eco or VRS mode. If it does it in all modes, I would suspect either a boost problem or manifold pressure sensor.

Code scan might reveal an intermittent fault, as temporary faults don't throw up a MIL light.  

I have this on mine also occaisonally (2014 vRS manual)

I am more incline to believe its just a calibration problem, either the intake throttle or EGR closes/opens momentarily rather than a real problem with the turbo.

It is quite reproduceable at light throttle at the speeds mentioned above when you back-off slightly then try to accelerate again.

Mine has had the same behaviour since new, which again makes me believe its just software & not anything physical.

However, it is worth checking the boost pressure sensor/wiring as there was a batch of sensors/connectors from around Feb 2014 which caused boost/limp-home problems & needed replacing.

Several people had the sensor change several times before a wiring/connector modification was provided by Skoda.

9 hours ago, Gabbo said:

I have this on mine also occaisonally (2014 vRS manual)

I am more incline to believe its just a calibration problem, either the intake throttle or EGR closes/opens momentarily rather than a real problem with the turbo.

It is quite reproduceable at light throttle at the speeds mentioned above when you back-off slightly then try to accelerate again.

Mine has had the same behaviour since new, which again makes me believe its just software & not anything physical.

However, it is worth checking the boost pressure sensor/wiring as there was a batch of sensors/connectors from around Feb 2014 which caused boost/limp-home problems & needed replacing.

Several people had the sensor change several times before a wiring/connector modification was provided by Skoda.

This is march 2014 model sounds bit like issue. I am going to try in other modes to see if it happens then. This is something I could pass on to whoever checks car for me thanks