Edition build week 15 update

George1468

My skoda uk case person phoned me today with update on my Edition she said it's still not completed :crying: This is 3 weeks same old ending no back seats but as she said it only takes 40 min to fit 

Ah...I already have my dealer who gives me the same information every week, so I guess I don't need to hear discouraging news from more than one source. I am unconfirmed build week 21...so fingers crossed.

My dealer used to mail once a week with the same grim news....oh look your BW has slipped again. Have not heard anything for two weeks, could be on hols or lost the will etc. Have had a case manager for nearly three weeks and we agreed that she would call when there is some positive news. Still could be worse.............

13 hours ago, Persolus said:

Ah...I already have my dealer who gives me the same information every week, so I guess I don't need to hear discouraging news from more than one source. I am unconfirmed build week 21...so fingers crossed.

I have to probe my dealer, seems blinking useless to be honest. So have to pester the live chat time to time. And also got an unconfirmed build week of 21. 

I understand that the Kodiaq factory shuts down for holidays and retooling from week 26 to week 31. I imagine that (normally) there is a similar process at other Skoda factories, so let's hope our build week does not push back to week 25 or beyond. It seems that the retooling would be to implement model changes for the 2019 car, although it would seem bizarre to have to retool for a 2019 version Karoq at this early stage in its lifecycle.

1. Just one aside, if build week does push out to 31 or thereabouts, perhaps the digital instrument cluster will become available as it now is in Germany and France. Skoda UK had previously told me that UK availability of this option would be end Q3 2018, and
  2. It can only be fitted during production and not as a dealer after-sale installation.

However, and reference point (1), I was told by Skoda UK that once Skoda manufacturing have accepted an order, the spec cannot be changed. So it seems that if my order was pushed into October or November, I still could not add the digital instrument panel. There seems to be no other mandatory option requirements attached to the digital instrument fitting, so this seems to me to be a nonsense policy...particularly as Skoda managed to interupt the production to change the spec for the wireless charging/amplifier issue.

Rant over. Have a nice day all.

7 hours ago, Persolus said:

I understand that the Kodiaq factory shuts down for holidays and retooling from week 26 to week 31. I imagine that (normally) there is a similar process at other Skoda factories, so let's hope our build week does not push back to week 25 or beyond. It seems that the retooling would be to implement model changes for the 2019 car, although it would seem bizarre to have to retool for a 2019 version Karoq at this early stage in its lifecycle.

1. Just one aside, if build week does push out to 31 or thereabouts, perhaps the digital instrument cluster will become available as it now is in Germany and France. Skoda UK had previously told me that UK availability of this option would be end Q3 2018, and
  2. It can only be fitted during production and not as a dealer after-sale installation.

However, and reference point (1), I was told by Skoda UK that once Skoda manufacturing have accepted an order, the spec cannot be changed. So it seems that if my order was pushed into October or November, I still could not add the digital instrument panel. There seems to be no other mandatory option requirements attached to the digital instrument fitting, so this seems to me to be a nonsense policy...particularly as Skoda managed to interupt the production to change the spec for the wireless charging/amplifier issue.

Rant over. Have a nice day all.

Not sure about things being changed. However, whilst I stand to be corrected, my Superb turned up with completely different wheels to what I was expecting, much nicer. So, you never know. I mean I was told it was a 12 week delivery time and that was last Monday. Another 6 weeks if I am lucky.

17 hours ago, GlosJanner said:

Not sure about things being changed. However, whilst I stand to be corrected, my Superb turned up with completely different wheels to what I was expecting, much nicer. So, you never know. I mean I was told it was a 12 week delivery time and that was last Monday. Another 6 weeks if I am lucky.

Remember by Fabia vRS turned up with different wheels which I hated, much complaining to the dealer and they swapped them with the wheels from another Fabia at another dealership, even then I had to take it back as they'd put two of the wheels on the wrong way (directional tyres)

My 4th week update from SKODA Uk they only gone and put the seats in and it’s in Germany’s port 

So I asked what ship is it booked on she then said no idea they only know when it’s in Uk then they can tell us what car transporter it’s on it’s nice when they tell you truth 

next update Tuesday getting closer 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George1468 said:

My 4th week update from SKODA Uk they only gone and put the seats in and it’s in Germany’s port 

So I asked what ship is it booked on she then said no idea they only know when it’s in Uk then they can tell us what car transporter it’s on it’s nice when they tell you truth 

next update Tuesday getting closer 

That’s not entirely true, Skoda chat told me what ship it was on once it was aboard the ship to cross, you can even go on line to see where about the ship is during its crossing.