70,000miles service complete

Citigouk

Following on from the 60,000miles service  our citigo ASG has now just had its 70,000mile service being 4.5years old.

The cost was £269 for labour, oil filter, oil, washer fluid, engine cleaner, pollen filter

The service provided included a taxi to cover dropping off at work and later collection back to the skoda dealership.... around 16mile round trip.

It remains faultless... other than a rear wiper blade.... roll on 80,000miles

• Thanks 1

Excellent. From what I can tell, Skoda servicing as a very simple £169 for a minor and £279 for a major, completely independently of what the car is.

So a 1.0 S Citigo will cost the same to service as a Superb L&K 280 4x4 Combi.

But the DSG oil change will not be included it will cost £179 & 40,000 miles, and the Haldex £69 @ 3 years over and above the £269, & the Brake fluid £54.

No guarantee the Service Desk staff will even tell you they are due by the Manufacturers Schedule / Guidelines.

Unless you negotiate less, and the £269 does not guarantee that the Air Filter or Spark Plugs are replaced, charged the same price though.

http://skoda.co.uk/finance-and-offers/service-and-maintenance/simply-fixed 

Edited by Offski

On 13/05/2018 at 19:04, Gyp said:

Excellent. From what I can tell, Skoda servicing as a very simple £169 for a minor and £279 for a major, completely independently of what the car is.

So a 1.0 S Citigo will cost the same to service as a Superb L&K 280 4x4 Combi.

....and I don't think that a service on a small £10000 car should cost the same as the same service on a large car costing several times more. Or, is that just me thinking it's a con?

Wish ours had remained faultless:  Sept 2012 with a mere 12,000miles and anABS pump/ECU failure :(

Get ours serviced by an independent these days around £150 all in and they always take the wheels off etc.

33 minutes ago, oxonboxn said:

....and I don't think that a service on a small £10000 car should cost the same as the same service on a large car costing several times more. Or, is that just me thinking it's a con?

Why would it cost less to service small car? Same effort anyway. 

8 hours ago, oxonboxn said:

It's just you spotting the wrong con.

Comparing our Citigo and our Superb, the dealer will do exactly the same to each car on the interim service, except put 0.2 litres more oil in the Superb.

On the major service there's one more spark plug to change on the Superb, but a bit more work to do on the Citigo to inspect the rear brakes.

Doing the work on the Superb is arguably easier as the components are spaced out more on the car so accessibility is easier.

So there's no reason for the Citigo to be cheaper to service simply because it was less expensive to buy.

I'd argue that irrespective of the car, the costs are still too high as the labour cost per hour has risen massively over the years.

It's just that a number of places DO charge more as the engine size increases (formula1 autocentres where I go, for example) .....and before they introduced "one price for all models" - so did Skoda UK. So not all that silly an idea.