Tell us your trade in offers...

With the original mk3 now over 3 years old a lot of us must be coming to or reached the end of our PCH or finance contracts. Why not have a few examples of residual trade in prices versus whatever your new whip is? Or if youve bounced early how did it go? Im two years and 2 months into a 42 month PCP on my 16 plate vrs tsi, it would be interesting to see what is being offered across the country and how residuals are looking! How are diesel prices faring under the current war? Might also give some of us a starting point for negotiations!

Deal done mid April: not a trade in but direct sale as changed to a lease car. 

June 15 SE Estate 1.4 TSI in Race Blue, 25k miles.

WBAC offered about £9.5k, Evans Halshaw £9.2k. Original supplying dealer not interested. Arnold Clark £10.2k, so put it on Tootle with that as the starting price. Next day a Skoda dealer phoned and also offered £10.2k, then upped it to £10,325 which I accepted.

At the point of sale I owed £8k on the PCP (GFV at end of May would have been £7.5k) so I was pretty happy with £2,300 equity for the lease 1st payment, gap insurance, a bike rack and a bit left towards summer hols.

Edited by just music

1 hour ago, just music said:

WBAC offered about £9.5k, Evans Halshaw £9.2k. Original supplying dealer not interested. Arnold Clark £10.2k, so put it on Tootle with that as the starting price. Next day a Skoda dealer phoned and also offered £10.2k, then upped it to £10,325 which I accepted.

My experience is that AC matched / offered best price. Odd about Halshaw tho. I too have been disappointed in them, especially when I had bought the car from their franchised dealership - was expecting more interest especially as the car I was selling was A1 condition. But Halshaw's sales pitch is they'll always beat WBAC - so pretty weird they offered you £300 less.

Car valuations mean nothing from a dealer as it always relates to the car you are buying and the purchase price of it. 

The golden phrase you should always say to the salesman is “how much does is cost me to change?”