First PROPER wash

Macdemon

48 minutes ago, RoDM said:

So seeing it in white every week, does it make you feel you made the correct colour choice? Lol

Yes, might get some tinsel out too :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

Don’t you just love snow foam?

BEST stuff ever, TONS of fun. 

Oh yes, dissolves all the grime so all you need to do is rinse and chamois the wet car down.

2 hours ago, Luckypants said:

Seriously though, snow foam make a lot of difference?

It is very good at getting the superficial grime and dirt off. Although if you do go down this route make sure you get a good quality snow foam lance as this will dictate how dense your foam is, and you want dense sticky foam to stick to the car. I personally use one from Autobrite and it work very well.

I have two ways to apply snow foam, a very good attachment to the pressure washer and a hand held pump device that is brilliant when it’s very cold and frosty and  I want to wash out the crap/ salt from under the wheels and over the front/rear bumpers. It needs pumping regularly but does a pretty good job. It’s easliy washed off with a watering can and a fine rose turned upwards to get a spray of water under the wheel arch.

I use the snow foam as a pre wash it’s so quick and easy to do and as has already been said, great fun.

1 hour ago, albudu said:

you want dense sticky foam to stick to the car.

That's contrary to the information I've been reading/looking at on YouTube and the various car cleaning/detailing forums.  I've gleaned, that although the foam should be thick, it shouldn't stick to the car without moving.  I always slightly dilute my snow foam (about 2-1 with foam to water) as the Karcher container/snow foam lance seems to go through it like theres no tomorrow, and it gives the slow moving foam I wanted to move the dirt away from the paint, and down towards the floor.

The car always looks ace after the rinse, but only once have I ever thought "I don't need to properly wash that".  Maybe its due to my car being Black :)

Speaking of washing the car...mine REALLY needs doing again, since I was driving around North Yorkshire with bugs everywhere all weekend!

11 minutes ago, hwr1983 said:

That's contrary to the information I've been reading/looking at on YouTube and the various car cleaning/detailing forums.  I've gleaned, that although the foam should be thick, it shouldn't stick to the car without moving.  I always slightly dilute my snow foam (about 2-1 with foam to water) as the Karcher container/snow foam lance seems to go through it like theres no tomorrow, and it gives the slow moving foam I wanted to move the dirt away from the paint, and down towards the floor.

The car always looks ace after the rinse, but only once have I ever thought "I don't need to properly wash that".  Maybe its due to my car being Black :)

Speaking of washing the car...mine REALLY needs doing again, since I was driving around North Yorkshire with bugs everywhere all weekend!

You are correct in that the foam should slowly move. However it should still be visibly on the car after 5 minutes of application. I have seen some snow foam lances where the foam produced is all on the floor within 1 minute or less.

I always use the snow foam as a pre-wash, rinse then wash with shampoo, drying then going over with bouncers done and dusted spray giving a very pleasant look on the black.

Edited by Vectis

7 hours ago, ernieb said:

I have two ways to apply snow foam, a very good attachment to the pressure washer and a hand held pump device that is brilliant when it’s very cold and frosty and  I want to wash out the crap/ salt from under the wheels and over the front/rear bumpers. It needs pumping regularly but does a pretty good job. It’s easliy washed off with a watering can and a fine rose turned upwards to get a spray of water under the wheel arch.

I use the snow foam as a pre wash it’s so quick and easy to do and as has already been said, great fun.

I am interested in the hand held pump, can I ask the make and where you purchased it from?

Whilst I've managed perfectly well for many years (and it being a fairly recent phenomenon) without using Snowfoam I've got to give it a go!

Probably not every time though as sometimes, particularly as during the recent dry spell, I just want to give the car a quick wash to get rid of the dust, and with it being well waxed it comes up a treat.

What make of Snowfoam are you guys using?

It might even clean my paver drive when washing the car as well!

40 minutes ago, Karman said:

I am interested in the hand held pump, can I ask the make and where you purchased it from?

It’s similar to this model.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mesto-Heavy-Duty-Foamer-1-5L-Pressure-Sprayer-Hand-Held-Pump-Snow-Foam-Bike-Car/261440081344?epid=1775413251&hash=item3cdf0b0dc0:g:fY8AAOSwDFBaAYKf

I have the snow foam attachment linked earlier, but my snow foam runs off the car too quickly.

I'm using Bilt Hamber with roughly a 10:1 ratio with water.

What to do to get it thicker, and ultimately slower?

More soap......................ratio 7:1, and increase the amount of air in the mixture too.

• Like 2